Last week I wrote a post about teaching your children to set goals and how the new year was a perfect time to do this.
Last night Squishy woke up after midnight crying and unwilling to lay back down. My hunch that he was hungry (having turned down dinner all night) was correct. We headed to the kitchen and he slammed a sippy cup of almond milk and noshed on some crackers.
After his tears were dry, we chatted a little bit. I decided it was the perfect moment to ask him about his goals for 2012. After all there were no cars or trains out to distract him at this moment.
In case you forgot, here are the questions again.
*Please note: My son is only 2.5. I had to offer him options instead of just asking him the questions. I tried to be creative and think out of the box. Most times, I would give an example, and he understood the idea…
1. Ethan’s House! (I have him examples of the new water park, grandma’s house, a pool… He was very specific about this and asked me again about it this morning.)
2. Ride Choo-Choos! (I gave him examples of taking a new sports class, go on a train ride… I didn’t get past the train!)
3. Ride a bike! (I gave him examples of soccer class, art class, music class, bike ride, read a new book, learn to swim. He was VERY thoughtful here…)
4. Toys to Boys. (I gave him examples of helping feed hungry people, giving his toys away, buying clothes for someone. I loved his simple answer, even if he didn’t know what it meant/means.)
Next year I think I am going to video tape him. I thought his answers were super sweet, and his thought process was adorable to watch. Catching him at a sleepy moment was perfect.
Why not ask your children the same questions?
Feel free to link you blog post/facebook status with their answers here! If you do link up, feel free to use the picture. I do ask that you link this post in your blog or on FB so they know how they can participate too!
(You can also include this link up in your blog by using following this link! get the InLinkz code)
This link up will be open ALL YEAR!!
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016