A little over a month ago I was asked to attend the ABC show here in Las Vegas and interview the 2011 Huggies MomInspired Grant Winners. Moms know first hand what baby products are going to work and make our lives as parents easier and more functional. The Huggies MomInspired Grant Program allows these products to be offered to parents everywhere!
As I mentioned in my first post highlighting these Huggies MomInspired Grant Winning amazing moms and their products, I will be highlighting a few grant winners in each post. All of their baby products are amazing and inspirational. My hope is that you will find a few you love as well!
2011 winning innovations – created by moms, for parents. This week I am highlighting:
- Dreemie Preemie Baby Book Pages: a simple way to immediately record and celebrate a premature infant’s progress in the hospital and at home.
- Intone: a multifaceted, interactive tool that records healthcare information, differentiates types of infant cries and translates their meanings while providing caregivers with an appropriate response.
- Magnificent Baby: magnetic baby clothing for easy changing. Now in its third year of production, Magnificent Baby has tripled in sales each year!
Katrena Shirley :: Dreemie Preemie
Q ::What inspired your Huggies® MomInspired™ award-winning design? A :: My niece was born prematurely at 28 weeks and she was in the neotnatal intensive care unit (NICU) for three months. What can you give someone in the NICU? You can’t send flowers; you often can’t visit because of germs; you can’t send diapers because they’re often a special size you can only get in the NICU. I couldn’t find anything appropriate. That’s when I first had the idea for a preemie baby book. Dreemie Preemie baby book pages are tailored to preemie or NICU babies. Parents can track milestones with a preemie’s adjusted age versus actual age. With our NICU pages, parents can chart medical milestones, like moving from a feeding tube to a bottle, or the first time a baby can wear clothes or bathe. My own daughter was born at 38 weeks, but she spent eight days in the NICU, and I used the NICU pages to document her progress in the hospital.
Charlena Smith :: Intone
A :: When my twin daughters were infants, I was often juggling two kids who were crying for two different things. This was difficult, especially when I really needed to rest before going to class in the morning. I thought a voice-recognition device could help translate a baby’s cries. The Intone helps differentiate types of cries, like a hungry cry or a gassy cry, then translates their meaning onto a lighted display. Parents can also use the voice-activated system – no information needs to be manually entered – to log sleeping patterns, feedings and diaper changes.
Check out Intone’s Facebook page for more information.
Lauren Levy :: Magnificent Baby
You can checkout Magnificent Baby online and purchase from your choice of girls, boys, or unisex items! I will be looking into these for my Baby Bee! You can also find Magnificent Baby on Facebook and Twitter!
Apply Now for the Huggies MomInspired Grant Program
- Who: Mompreneurs – 21 and older – with an original, innovative and viable new product idea to help make life easier for parents; must reside in the United States
- How: Log onto www.HuggiesMomInspired.com and submit application including the idea and business plan
- When: April 25, 2012 through July 31, 2012
- Why: For the chance to receive $15,000 and advice to help make business dreams a reality
For more information about the grant recipients and the program, visit HuggiesMomInspired.com. Grants will be awarded in fall 2012.
Make sure you stay tuned for the last installment of Huggies MomInspired Grant Winners!
This post is not sponsored in anyway. Since I was unable to interview the winners myself all Huggies Mom Inspired Grant Winner information was provided by: PR Newswire and https://www.huggiesmominspired.com
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016