Green smoothies are all the rage right now in the health world. While they may look intimidating and sometimes downright gross, I can tell you first hand that they are DELICIOUS!
I enjoy at least one green smoothie if not three or four a week! I love the energy I get in the morning from one, and it is so filling! My favorite “green” to add to my smoothies is Kale!
Kale is a super food on it’s own. It is packed with antioxidants, high in Vitamin C, Beta Carotene, Vitamin K, and Calcium. It even has anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. By adding it to a smoothie it is just another way to work kale into your diet. Make sure you check this post out if you are looking for more ways to eat kale.
I love the combination of oranges and kale. This Kale Sunrise Smoothie really does make your body feel like it is waking up to a great day!
- 2 Cups Kale(*)
- 1 Cup Coconut Water (guava flavor)
- 1 Large Orange
- ¼ Cup Frozen (or Fresh) Strawberries
- Start by mixing coconut water and kale in blender. Kale should be completely blended.
- Add peeled orange - blend.
- Add strawberries - blend.
- Pour into glass, add ice, and enjoy.
What is your favorite food to start your day?
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016