VTech Safe & Sound Full Color Video and Audio Monitor is everything I hoped for in a video monitor and everything I didn’t know I needed!
When I was pregnant with my first baby, I didn’t know why I should buy a video monitor. I thought and audio monitor would be fine for us. As my son grew, it wasn’t long before I was wishing we had spent the money on the video monitor.
In fact I told my husband that when we had a second baby, I would really like a video monitor. Then I found the VTech Safe and Sound Full Color Video and Audio Monitor. There were several features I loves, but when I saw that I could add a camera for each child to one monitor I was completely sold!
I thought we were done with using a monitor for my son, and if we didn’t have the option that the VTech monitor gives us of using it for multiple children at once, we would most likely have been done. However, even my 3 year old is benefiting from this monitor.
Recently my son has been waking several times during the night. I wasn’t understanding why this was happening. Now having the monitor, I can see exactly what is going on. Maybe he fell off the bed, maybe he woke up from a bad dream. With the VTech monitor not only can I see what is going on, but I can speak to him right through the monitor. Hearing my voice after waking from a bad dream has already saved us a few major meltdowns.
Waking up in the early evening with a bad dream! Speaking to him from the monitor calmed him down and got him back to sleep!
He has also had some trouble falling to sleep lately. The Safe and Sound monitor comes with 5 soothing lullabies. I have started to play these for him at night. I told him that when the music stopped he was to go to sleep. This has really helped him to calm down.
NOT SLEEPING!! (*)
Features I Love:
- Temperature Sensor – I am now learning that the air doesn’t flow well in my son’s room, and it can get warm at night. Simply knowing this has allowed me to help my son be more comfortable at night.
- Talk-Back Intercom System – At the press of a button I can soothe my son.
- Lullabies – Play 5 different lullabies on the camera.
- Zoom the camera from the parent unit.
- Night Viewing – It doesn’t matter if it is day or night, I have a clear crisp view of my child.
- Split screen capability – System supports up to four cameras to be viewed from one Parent Unit.
- Rechargeable battery with low battery alert in parent unit. – Not only does the parent unit plug in, but I no longer have to go through tons of batteries if I prefer to be un-plugged.
- Digital Transmission – There is NO white noise feed back on this monitor!! Plus all transmissions are encrypted for my privacy and security.
- Expandable to 4 Cameras – While extra cameras are sold separately, I love that I will be able to see both my children on one monitor!.
There really isn’t a single thing I have found that I don’t like about this monitor. I highly recommend new parents, and parents expecting additional children to check out this monitor. Once you try it, you will wonder how you possibly ever lived with out it!
*Note my picture could be much more clear, but I have not wall mounted the camera out of my son’s reach yet. So instead the camera is sitting very far away from his bed.
The VTech Safe and Sound Full Color Video and Audio Monitor retails for $129.95. You can find it on Amazon or at Babies R Us.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016