Even though my son was born 9 pounds 4 ounces he was also 22.5 inches long and boy did he have some skinny legs. Finding a cloth diaper that would fit around his legs was difficult, but luckily in addition to being provided one diaper for review, I had purchased 3 more Lovely Pocket Diapers Newborn Stuff-able AIO to help round out my newborn stash.
Lovely Pocket Diapers is run by Melissa, a work at home mom who wanted to provide an affordable alternative to many of the cloth diapers on the market. LPD has many different styles of cloth diapers for you to choose from all at a great price point, but finding a diaper that will truly fit a newborn without leaking is pretty hard to come by in the world of cloth diapers. Many moms, including myself use pre-folds until their baby is big enough to fit into most pockets and AIOs. Melissa saw a need for a diaper that would help parents cloth diaper from the very beginning and created the Lovely Pocket Diaper Newborn Stuff-able AIO.
The Newborn AIO features 3 rise snaps to allow it to fit a baby sized 5-15lbs, a triple layer insert sewn in, a pocket for additional stuffing, an umbilical snap down, 4 lower waist snaps, and double gusseting to help keep everything contained.
I loved that I could put it on my son as soon as I brought him home from the hospital and not worry about leaks from his tiny little legs or the top of the diaper rubbing his umbilical stump.
4 days old in his first cloth diaper!
- I loved the trim fit and the double gussets for helping to contain that runny newborn poop.
- The extra row of snaps underneath the snap down allows you to get a really snug fit around the belly, and the three lower rise snaps allow you to customize the leg fit.
- I liked that in addition to being an AIO diaper I was given the option of stuffing it for added leak protections. (LPD sells newborn inserts for an additional $2.)
- I loved the extra snap in the middle for the umbilical stump. By snapping it together I was able to bring the diaper down low enough that it wouldn’t rub against my son’s sensitive belly button.
- I personally had no leaks in this diaper. I should mention my son has worn these countless number of times including sleeping at night in them, but for some reason has never pooped in them.
- Since this is an AIO diaper the liners are sewn down at both ends, but not in the middle. When it would wash, the liner would get twisted and it was hard to get back to lay flat inside the diaper.
- Also, the liner being on the inside took a bit longer to dry. Often times I needed run an extra air dry cycle on my wash or leave it on the line a bit longer than any of my other diapers.
The only way I could see fixing both of these problems would be to only sew it on one end so that it could aggravate out in the wash, dry faster, and allow for ease of laying flat in the diaper.
In my opinion these cons are not nearly enough to keep me from enjoying this diaper as it has worked pretty well for my son for the past 6 weeks and I am still extremely happy to have them in my stash.
He is currently on the last snaps of being able to fit into this diaper, but I will for sure save them for the next baby!
The Lovely Pocket Diapers Stuff-able AIO come in red, green, yellow, blue, black and white, and retails at only $11 each making them a great way to grow your newborn stash! Be sure to follow Lovely Pocket Diapers on Facebook to keep up on her shop, sales, and new products!
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016