This past December we welcomed our second child into our family. Right around the same time I got another huge surprise. A brand new Acer Aspire S7 Ultrabook as part of the Windows Champions program. These past few months while adjusting to life with a newborn and a crazy three year old I have also been learning how to use my new ultrabook.
You might be asking why I needed to learn how to use it, but truly it has taken me some time to learn and fall in love with it. The answer to that is in addition to having the new Windows 8 (which I am digging by the way…) it also has a touchscreen! I have enjoyed exploring it, and basically have come to the conclusion that this ultrabook’s timely entry into my life as a new mom to two boys couldn’t have been better timed if I myself had planned it. This beautiful (and seriously, this computer is beautiful) ultrabook has really served up some features that even I didn’t know I needed!
Acer Aspire S7-391 Tech Specs:
- Battery Life: Up to 12 hours
- Weight: 2.86 lbs.
- Dimensions: 12.7” x 8.8” x .47”
- Screen Size: 13.3”, 1929 x 1080
- Touchscreen: Yes
- Hard Drive Size: 128/256 GB RAID0 SSD
- RAM: 4 GB DDR3
- Processor: 3rd Generation Intel Core i5/i7
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics
So why do I love this sleek little glowing ultrabook so much?
1. The Gorilla Glass cover. This bad boy is strong! With a three year old hell bent on destroying everything in his path (most of the time by accident) I need a computer that is strong. The cover is scratch resistant, easy to clean, and can take a bump or two.
2. The light up keyboard. Most often I find myself meeting deadlines between 10pm-12am when my whole family is asleep. The light up keyboard makes it easy for me to blog at night and write to my hearts content.
3. It’s a space saver. As a mother of two and a blogger I am already lugging around more crap than most travelers do with my camera, diapers, toys, and snacks for the kid, so the last thing I need is to have a thick laptop to jam into my bag. I have never seen a thinner computer. The size of my ultrabook closed rivals the size of my tablet, and if I had my choice I’d rather have my laptop with me!
4. It’s ONLY 2.86 lbs people! At less than 3 lbs I barely notice my ultrabook in my bag. Trust me when you are carrying around a 16 lb infant, chasing a 43 lb toddler, and lugging a diaper bag topping 10 lbs, adding this extra 3 lbs into the mix is a breeze! It’s so light that I have actually gotten upset at myself thinking I’d left it at home from time to time! (Not sure though if that’s the lightness of the computer or the mommy brain…)
5. Mommy has a TOUCHSCREEN. Oh I am having so much fun with my touch screen. Late night Pinterest sessions while nursing the baby, games like Bubble Pop and Wordament, and even browsing the news are so much easier when I only have to use one hand – which these days is all I have!
6. The Flat Feature. Did you know that the Acer Aspire s7 can lay completely flat? I LOVE this feature. Again for late night nursing sessions, but also for when I let my 3 year old play games or is painting in Fresh Paint. When I first let him play Fresh Paint, he was frustrated because it didn’t lay flat like he is used to painting. Lucky for him, my computer actually does lay completely flat. Now he loves hovering over the picture and painting and doesn’t get frustrated.
7. The Battery Life. I don’t know that I have been able to get 12 hours of battery life from this computer, but it easily rivals my old laptop. I love knowing I can take this with me and work while my son’s in preschool and not worry about whether my computer will die. There is nothing worse than finding the time to get a post done only to have my computer die on me. Plus, the last thing my diaper bag needs is ANYTHING ELSE!
8. The Graphics. Watching a movie on this computer is ALMOST better then watching it on our big TV because I can bring it into bed with me, curl up to Netflix and enjoy a relaxing hour of TV. Or I can watch a movie while traveling with my children which as any parent knows is a great sanity saver.
9. Windows 8. I am LOVING, in-spite of hating change, Windows 8. I love that I can really personalize my computer and make it my own place. From fun apps, to colorful backgrounds, I’ve really been able to make this ultrabook my own. Which for me is a big deal, it’s the only place I look that isn’t covered in kids toys, movies, or food. (Save for a few apps I have downloaded for my 3 year…) I guess nothing is ever truly just mine, but at least with Windows 8 I can make it seem that way. Plus with Skydrive I can bounce back and forth between my ultrabook and my old computer pretty seamlessly!
10. It’s Sexy Looking. I admit, I’m a total girl when it comes to picking out new things. I like clean lines, and shiny things. I like my things to be cute! This ultrabook certainly has clean lines and is very shiny. I love knowing that my ultrabook stands our from a sea of computers. Every time I see it on my desktop I can’t help but think how cute it is. So thin, shiny, and white! I just love it!
I am part of the Windows Champions Program. As a Windows Champion I received loan of a laptop and may receive other equipment from Microsoft to assist me in evaluating Microsoft products and services for my blogging activity.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016