If you are looking for an affordable way to cloth diaper you baby, you should definitely check out GlowBug Cloth Diapers. Before I had Baby D, I started researching different cloth diapers. I asked around and several people mentioned GlowBug Cloth Diapers for their affordability and cute prints!
Just before Baby D arrived I was super excited to receive some fluffy mail from GlowBug. It was a great chance to get to check out all the features I had been hearing about.
GlowBug Cloth Diaper Features:
- Double rows of snaps with square tabs for a trim fit through the hip.
- Two sets of cross-over snaps through the waist band for a perfect fit around newborn tummies.
- (One of my personal favorite features of this diaper) Double gusset through the leg for an extra barrier of protection from leaks!
- Wing snaps on top row to prevent drooping (not available in Spectrum Packages)
- Four size settings fitting babies from birth through potty training (7lbs-35lbs).
- NEW SlimDry™ fabric keeps baby’s skin dry without the bulk.
- Improved waterproof flaps in the front and the back of each diaper to prevent leaks.
- (My second favorite feature) Two openings in the pocket makes it easier to get the absorbent inset in and out.
- The Inserts snap to the diaper and to each other making it easy to get good coverage with your diaper, and also making it easy to stuff.
While they are rated for babies starting at 7lbs I felt I wasn’t able to get a great fit on my little guy until he was closer to 11lbs. I think mostly it was because he had such long and skinny legs. As soon as we got them to fit properly I was impressed by how easy they were to use. I have to say that the Double Gusset is by far my favorite feature! Especially with the newborn runny poop! We haven’t had any poop leaks while wearing our Glowbugs.
Baby D at 4 weeks old (approximately 11lbs)
Baby D at 3 months old (approximately 15.5 lbs)
We have had a few potty leaks. Mostly because Baby D is such a heavy wetter. Once we added a second insert we were fine. The inserts that come with the diaper are microfiber and can snap together. They are very thin, and maybe that is why they work better with two for us.
I really like that the inserts can be pulled out from either end. This saves me having to touch any poop at all.
I think the best feature of this diaper is the price. You can cloth diaper your child full time with 24 diapers for $300. If you just wanted to add to a stash or part-time cloth diaper your baby you can get 12 diapers for $150. 12 Diapers come with 18 inserts. That is only $12.50 a diaper!
Ease of Use: A
Performance with second insert: B+
Overall: B+ I would for sure add more of these to my stash.
Glowbug Diapers are available in 24, 12, or 6 packs only, boy, girl, gender neutral, and white. You can buy them directly from the GlowBug Cloth Diaper site!
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016