What started off as a modern animal theme with a color palate of aqua and lime shifted a little bit down the road as I fell in love with elephants and that path led to aqua and orange. The more I found it the more I loved it! You’ve already seen Baby D’s first nursery reveal featuring changing table, cloth diaper storage, and personalized nursery art, but I have to say, his crib is just about my favorite part of his room. Lucky for me (and many late nights I see down the road) there is a beautiful bed right there in case I want to spend the night!
Reusing the furniture we had already purchased for our first son, part of me wishes I had the time to re-paint it all white because I think it would have looked nicer with the design, but let’s be real. I don’t have the time for that. Once I found the mobile on etsy by LoveBug Lullabies, I knew the room was going to come together perfectly.
Baby D sure loves playing in his crib and we have started to take naps in there. He still sleeps in his co-sleeper by my bed at night. I love the touch the map added to the room. Such a steal on Zulily! In fact I also found Baby D’s ribbon tie ventilated crib bumper on Zulily as well!
You see that chair next to the rocker? Well that is the unfinished part of the nursery. Before it was Baby D’s room it was our office. We still have our computer and printer there. I hope to get it moved out soon and turn it into a reading nook. I also plan on adding some curtains and a patterned rug. (By the way – do you like my wraps being stored on the footrest of my rocker?)
I love that this design will work again whether we have a boy or a girl. If we have a girl I may add a few ruffles…
- Furniture – Million Dollar Baby
- Crib Rails – Oliver B
- Crib Sheet – aden+anais – azure beads in bamboo
- Serenity Star – aden+anais
- Twin Bedding from Beyond Bedding – Grey and White Diamonds by Sweet JoJo Designs
- Elephant Wall Decal – Wallums
- Art Deco – Target (painted from white)
- Elephant on Bed – Lil’ Kingdom
- Mobile – LoveBug Lullabies
- Lamp – Cost Plus World Market
- Video Monitor – Vtech
- Piggy Bank – Handmade Baby Shower Gift
What color curtains do you think I should add? Aqua, Grey, or Orange?
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016