I’m a sucker for a family themed Halloween costumes.
One year when my son was 16 months old we were a Honeybear and MamaBee! (Husband was deployed)
Last year we were all skeletons – Even Baby D got in on the costume fun! (approx 36 weeks pregnant here)
This year my 4 year old son picked everyone’s Halloween Costumes. He decided he was going to be a firefighter, I was going to be a mommy firefighter, Baby D was going to be a Dalmatian, and the Hubs needed to be a fire hydrant.
Playing off my son’s creativity I decided not only would Hubs be a hydrant, but he would be babywearing the Dalmatian! It seemed too good to pass up – after all every dog loves a hydrant!
- I got lucky and still had a credit so I purchased my Adult Firefighter Costume from amazon.com.
- For my son’s costume we splurged on the chasing fireflies brand. It was pricey, but I know my son will wear it until he outgrows it and then his brother will wear it and any future children we have. We picked up the police officer costume from them last year and he is still wearing it a year later!
- My husband’s costume was super simple. I spent $7 on a red long sleeved shirt from target, $4 on his hat, and $5 on some iron on letters.
- Baby D had the most “complicated” costume, but even his was easy. I used some black fabric paint to do spots on a onesie and some white tights. I had a friend hand crochet his hat. For the tail I used the same fabric I did for the babycarrier. The fabric was a dog paw fleece I found in the remnants pile at Joann’s Fabrics. All in all his costume cost me $32. I used my lillebaby Airflow baby carrier and duct taped the fleece to the inside of the carrier. I sewed on an additional tail for the baby carrier.
As long as my children let me I will continue to do family themed Halloween Costumes!
If K let’s me I’d love to do a Toy Story theme next year – or maybe a Peter Pan theme…
What is your family going as for Halloween?
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016