Any parent will tell you baby’s come with a lot of gear. That gear can get in the way, take up space, and often be an eye sore. Joovy is always thinking of their customers when they design baby gear, and they really knocked it out of the park when they designed the Joovy Nook Highchair.
As part of the Joovy Mom program I received the Joovy Orangie Leatherette Nook Highchair for review, and I was pleased with it right out of the box! (So much so I added it to my Holiday Gift Guide!)
Usually when you buy big baby gear items you can spend upwards of 30-60 minutes assembling them. The Joovy Nook came full assembled right out of the box!! All I had to do was use one hand to open it up!!
Check out my Video Review:
I have a lot of features that I like on this highchair and two that I love!
- I love the one handed slim/compact fold so I can store the highchair out of the way when it’s not in use, and in between children it won’t take up a ton of room in our garage.
- I love the swing release tray. With our first highchair (that broke after a year) I either had to leave the tray on and squeeze my son’s fat little baby thighs in/out or take the tray off, turn away from my son and try to find a clean spot on the counter. Because the tray didn’t sit flat, it often fell on the floor splattering food everywhere… With the swing out tray I don’t have to worry about fat baby thighs or falling trays. It swings out of the way and out of mind.
- I like the plastic tray liner that is dishwasher safe.
- I like how sleek and clean this highchair looks while still being very practical for kitchen use.
- I like that there are no sharp corners for baby food to get stuck in. The rounded corners make wiping up easy.
- I like that the leatherette is easily wiped down and can be thrown in the washer on gentle for bigger messes.
- I like the weight limit is up to 50 lbs. This means that I don’t need to buy a high chair, then a booster, and finally move my son to a big boy chair. It’s highchair to family chair with the Joovy Nook.
- I like that it only weighs 15lbs so it’s easy for me to move around as I need to.
- I like the color choices. They are fun yet sophisticated.
The only downside I thought I might have with this highchair is that it is lower to the ground. Being 5’9 I have to either sit down to feed the baby or bend down. However, once I started to use it I realized this really isn’t an issue. I’m already focusing all my attention on baby so I might as well sit and relax while I do it. Plus it’s at the perfect height for big brother to help play/feed his brother!
Baby D unfortunately can’t eat food yet due to his FPIES. So we mainly use the highchair for him to watch me in the kitchen or play while we are eating. He loves it, and when he’s done I can fold it down and tuck it away until we need it again. We have allowed friends to feed their babies in it when they come over to play with the boys and they have certainly put it to good use! Thankfully clean up was a breeze and it still looks good as new!
The Joovy Leatheretter Nook Highchair comes in Orangie, Greenie, White, and Black and retails for $149.99. It’s very sturdy and well made so you won’t have to buy a new highchair with each kid.
Disclosure: I was sent the following product for review purposes at no cost to myself. Any opinions expressed are honest and are my own.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016