Can you believe Easter is right around the corner? I sure can’t! It seems like this year is flying by very very quickly.
When it comes to Easter dinner we always spend it with family friends and I am usually in charge of bringing the desserts. This year I thought it would be fun to make these delicious gluten free chocolate cupcakes topped with coconut marshmallow frosting!
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ cups coconut flour
- 1 cup (3 ounces) Dutch-process cocoa
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs (substitute 1 cup applesauce if egg free)
- 1⅓ cups water
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line cupcake pan with paper liners (I like to double up).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, coconut flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum. Set aside.
- Place the oil, eggs (or applesauce), water, and vanilla into your mixer bowl, and beat well. Blend in the dry ingredients, adding 1 cup at a time. Beat for 1 minute, scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl after each addition to ensure that it is well incorporated.
- Once all of the dry ingredients have been added, beat the batter at medium-high speed for 2 minutes, to make a smooth consistency. Scoop the batter into the prepared pans with a ¼ cup measuring cup or cookie scoop.
- Bake the cupcakes for 18 to 24 minutes, rotating the pans ½ way through the cooking time. Remove the cupcakes from the oven, and let them cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Take them out of the pans to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once completely cool, spread a thin layer of marshmallow crème and sprinkle each cupcake with shredded coconut. Top with cupcake toppers and candy eggs.
- Yield: two 8" or 9" round layers or 24 cupcakes
For the Frosting:
- Marshmallow Crème (can use vegan substitute if egg or dairy free)
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Egg shaped candies
Once your have your cupakes completed why not add these adorable Easter cupcake toppers to them?
You can download a free copy of these Easter Cupcake Toppers (Click that link.)
Now who is ready to eat?
Just a friendly reminder. This printable belongs to Our Knight Life. Feel free to print as many copies as you’d like. You can use them as gifts, in a group, or for your classroom. You may also share the link to a printable with other people that would be interested. If you do share please be sure you give proper credit by leaving a link to this post.
Please DO NOT: Sell or distribute this file, host this file on your site, or upload my files to a shared website. Please don’t email the direct image to a friend. (Just send them to my site.) If you’d like to link to this free printable please only link to my blog post, not the printable link. Thank you for respecting these rules and I hope you enjoy this printable and the gluten free chocolate easter cupcakes!
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016