I had so much fun this morning working with Fox 5 Local Las Vegas on a fun organizational segment featuring some great products to help you maximize your living space! Thank you so much for watching this morning and stopping by my blog for more information about the products I featured on TV. While you are here please be sure to head over to my About Emily to learn more about me, my family, and my blog!
Whether you live in a small apartment or your first home space is likely at a premium. Add kids into the mix and learning to make the most out of your living space becomes essential. For me the two places I’m always looking for more room in are my Kitchen & Bathroom! I’ve compiled a few tips & tricks to maximize your living space and make getting organized a breeze!
Tips/Tricks for Organizing Small Kitchen/Bathroom
In a small kitchen, counter space is a precious commodity and I have a few tips and appliances to share that will make the most of what space that you have.
- Use a paper towel holder that mounts under an upper cabinet instead of one that sits on top of your counter.
- The new NESCAFE Dolce Gusto Mini Me is a great alternative to a larger coffee maker and creates coffee-house style beverages in under a minute.
It is also an all in one machine, meaning you don’t have to worry about having room for or cleaning the various parts of a traditional coffee maker ($29.99, www.dolce-gusto.us).
- Go through and only store the cooking utensils on the counter that you use on a daily basis – everything else can go in the drawer.
- When you think of an indoor grill, I am sure you imagine something that takes up an entire corner of a kitchen. But George Foreman’s 5-Minute Burger is a 2-1 in machine that prepares two servings of your favorite meat, fish and veggies, in 5 minutes!
Plus it comes with a warming grill on the top that toasts your buns while grilling. No need for a toaster! ($29.99, Wal-Mart.com).
- Bring in a kitchen cart that will add counter space and allow you to spread out and get organized.
- Blenders can often be bulky and if you are making a single serving of a smoothie or small amount of sauce, there is no need for that large container.
The BLACK+DECKER Personal Blender with FusionBlade™ Technology crushes ice and blends foods and liquids evenly, like its larger counterpart, but it is half the size. The Personal Jar makes it easy to take a drink to go or storing leftovers. ($29.99, Target).
Another space in the house that is a challenge to keep everything contained is the bathroom.
- Utilize the space under the bathroom sink with a pullout storage caddy and illuminate the area with battery-operated stick-on lights to easily find things.
- A new option other than those bulky scales is the Taylor Mini Bath Scale, ideal for small spaces and it can be stored under the bed or in a drawer.
The digital scale has an expandable display, for easy reading, that can be folded down when storing. (Target, $19.99)
What gadget or trick do you have to help maximize your living space? Let me know in the comments below!
Also check out my playroom redo for more great tips of finding ways to get organized!
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016