My boys LOVE reading books. This year my 5 year old has actually started to read on his own, which as any parent can agree is a very exciting milestone. We have several book nooks scattered throughout our home, and when we are given the opportunity to check out a new book, we rarely decline!
The book This House Needs A Mouse by C. Jeffrey Nunnally, the mouse is frustrated with his ordinary life and living his cage. Through the story he finds himself free and sets out on an adventure. Only to realize that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side and there is beauty in the ordinary.
My son loved this book. He sat entranced by the story the entire time and even wanted to talk about it the next day. I loved the moral of the story was so effortlessly woven into the story, my son didn’t realize he was learning while listening. I also liked that it was filled with rhyming words and alliteration – something he was currently working on in Kindergarten.
From the book:
Life is full of obstacles… cannons and catapults may come in handy! Sometimes you have no choice but to just leap onto the next page. Caged in thinking tends to get messy and stinky. Sometimes, to get someone’s attention, you have to put on a show. Picky eaters are better off in captivity! One person’s crumbs may be another’s feast. Ordinary houses can make extraordinary homes. Skitter, scuttle, scurry… Navigate life. – This House Needs A Mouse
This House Needs A Mouse is a hardcover book with 34 illustrated pages. It retails for $17.95 and is age and lesson appropriate for kids ages 3-8.
Win a copy for your family!
1. Simply leave a comment below letting me know what your child’s favorite nighttime story is!
2. For a second entry click the box below which will tweet the message. Leave your tweet URL in a separate comment.
» One entry per household.
» Giveaway will close on December 30, 2014.
» Winners will be selected at random and notified 12/31 in the afternoon. Please make sure to enter the email you’d like to be contacted at if you win.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016