Well, it started out better. But boy, did it go downhill faster than Bode Miller.
Some lowlights include:
- Scooping Throw-up out of my son’s car seat in handfuls.
- Blow-out after Blow-out (which is really hard to do in a cloth diaper) (my poor little man!!)
- Contemplating turning my bathroom into my bedroom… every time I felt well enough to go to bed, I was wrong.
- No sleep.
- Calling Poison Control after running some poopy laundry to the laundry room, and Squish decided to eat his sunscreen. (I wasn’t even gone but 20 secs, and I still don’t know how he got it open!)
- Finally, tripping on the sofa (don’t ask), and crashing down upon my son’s sippy cup with my butt causing it to explode and soak my bum, and my carpet… Let’s just say, I never imagined a butt bath in Pedialyte.
hrow-up myself and washing the poop off his clothes, there is no way I would have known he wasn’t healthy, or was about to be hit with the stomach bug. They played and played… so cute.
“TV. If kids are entertained by two letters, imagine the fun they’ll have with twenty-six. Open your child’s imagination. Open a book.” ~Author Unknown
I love to read. Admittedly I don’t do enough of it now that Squish is here, but BK (before Kellan)
I read ALL.THE.TIME. I loved getting lost in a story. I loved finding a book that I was saddened to get to the end. I hope I can instill that love of reading to my son. There is something so basic and amazing about the way a book captures your imagination.
So I am out, to spend the rest of the day resting, and re-hydrating, and hopefully getting Squish to do the same thing. Make sure you stop by Fresh Mommy and join in the Sunday Citar Inspiration.
Emily is a wife & mom living in Las Vegas. The owner and writer at Our Knight Life, Emily loves sharing her two adorable boys and journey through motherhood. Emily has run four half marathons to date and is always training for her next big race. She also enjoys creating healthy recipes for her family and sharing family friendly product reviews.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016