I am always looking for new diaper covers to try for Squishy. We use a cloth diaper service (meaning pre-folds) but I am constantly on the look out for different covers to try. When I heard I might possibly be able to use AppleCheeks envelope cover over my pre-folds I was pretty excited. I knew that their covers came with a microfleece lining, and I thought that it might help with our night time leakage issues.
Right away I loved the softness of the AppleCheeks diaper. The leg gussets were so nice, I knew my son would like wearing them. The size 2 Envelope Diaper Cover really has the ability to last you a long time. It is made to fit from 18lbs to 40lbs. (For my son that means I could have been using it from 5 months until he is potty trained. – Currently he is 22 months and 31.8 lbs.)
Check out these other great features:
• An outer layer of breathable, waterproof polyurethane laminated polyester (PUL), sewn to a butter soft microfleece inner layer, so that only the softest of soft touches your baby’s delicate skin.
• Snug, durable elastic at both the waist and legs for a gentle and secure fit.
• Two rows of easy-to-adjust snaps, allowing for a proper fit at the legs and the waist.
• A beautiful range of truly spectacular colors to appeal to a wide range of esthetic.
• A handy envelope opening, wide enough for daddy’s hands, which allows for the option of placing the absorbent inner between the fleece and the waterproof outer layer if so desired.
• A more generous and longer lasting fit than other similar styles on the market. Size 1 fits from 7 – 20lbs, and Size 2 fits from 18 – 40lbs. All weight ranges are approximate.
• The ultimate cloth diapering solution!
• AppleCheeks™ covers feature a unique envelope design, similar to a pocket diaper, but with NO NEED TO UNSTUFF. The absorbent inserts come right out in the wash!
We also received the AppleCheeks Disposable Liners to go with out diaper cover. I have tried other disposble liners before, so I was a bit worried about using them. But to my surprise, they preformed much nicer that the other liners I have used in the past. What I really love about the liners, is I can show my now 22 month old son where poo-poo should go. We walk over to the potty together, and flush it away. A great potty training tool!!
Initially we had a bit of an issue with leaking. But remember, we were using our own pre-folds. I was trying to fold them the way they had suggested using their Bamboo Liners. What ended up working for us was simply putting the cover over our pre-folds and snappi. It sure added a lot of bulk that way, but we also didn’t leak through the night.
AppleCheeks is going to get two scores of the Squishy Rating Scale. If you are using their liners with the envelope cover and are washing at home, AppleCheeks scores an Very Squishable. (8/10) If I didn’t love my cloth diaper service, I know AppleCheeks would easily be tops in our stash. However, as an everyday use cover over pre-folds AppleCheeks scores a Squishable (6/10). Which means we still like it, but I just feel it works better as a Envelope diaper than a diaper cover. For everyday use, it s a bit fluffy to go over pre-folds, but as a night time diaper cover it does very well and prevents leakage! I must say – one of my favorite things are the delicious colors.
AppleCheeks is offering one lucky Family and Life in Las Vegas a $25 Gift Certificate to the AppleCheeks Online Boutique!
(Please Note: Winner is responsible for any additional balance including shipping – free shipping on orders over $40!)
How to Win
Entering is easy – all you have to do is the mandatory entry. Extra entries are available but not mandatory. (Open to US/CAN) I will be checking each entry to the best of my ability, so honesty is appreciated!
- Follow me on Twitter Like me on Facebook. (2 entries each)
- Like AppleCheeks on Facebook. Let them know Family and Life in Las Vegas sent you (1 entry)
- Follow @AppleCheeksDipe on Twitter. (1 entry)
- Donate to my March of Dimes walk. ($5 = 2 entries, $10 = 4 entries) (Can be applied to all giveaways)
- Subscribe to my blog by GFC, email and RSS. (2 entries each) (Which ever ones you didn’t use for your mandatory entry
- Tweet/Facebook/Stumble this giveaway (RT 3x per day).
[tweetbox counter=”true” width=”350″ height=”65″ label=”TWEET ME” content=”#Win a $25 GiftCredit to @AppleCheeksDipe to build your #clothdiaper stash! @FamilyNLifeLV ends 5/10 http://bit.ly/apple_cheeks RT”]
This Giveaway is open to US/CAN entrants only and ends on 5/10 at 11:59 pm PST. The winner will be chosen by WordPress Plug-in “And The Winner Is” and notified via email. The winner has 48 hours to respond or another winner will be picked. Family and Life in Las Vegas is not responsible for lost or missing prizes. You do not have to have a blog to enter, but you do need to be over 18 and have a valid email.
Disclosure: All opinions expressed are 100% my own and may differ from yours. I received an Apple Cheeks diaper for my review, no monetary compensation was given for this post.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016