Yes, Memorial Day… you know the reason you have off from work today!!
While it is easy to just spend the day getting things done, make sure you take a moment to remember why we have this holiday off.
Honoring our service members and the sacrifices they made doesn’t have to entail a grand gesture, and teaching children the importance of the holiday.
Try one of these simple holiday ideas to celebrate Memorial Day with your child.
1. Go to a Veteran’s Museum – Most of them have wonderful children’s program to help you teach your children about the holiday.
2. Give your child some fun memorial day printables, crafts, games, and worksheets to help them learn. I love all the great crafts and ideas on the enchanted learning website. Especially the painted rock and lucky penny necklace! They also have word searches for older children and many other great ideas!
3. Bake some goodies and take them to your local VFW post. Involve your children and let them say thank you in person.
4. Visit a Military Memorial or Cemetery. Have your children help you place flowers at the stones, or let them do crayon etchings of the names at the memorials.
However you celebrate the day, big or small, take a moment to remember and be thankful.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016