Do you remember a few weeks ago I told you about taking the Jennie-O Champions for Kids Challenge? It’s been a few weeks since I have introduced more Jennie-O products to my family and we are enjoying everything we have tried.
Jennie-O turkey burgers have always been a staple in my freezer. They are a simple easy and deliciously healthy fun meal for my whole family that takes me virtually no time to prepare.
Just check out the nutritional facts on these Lean Turkey Burgers! What a great amount of protein you will be getting while enjoying this burger and only 180 calories! So much better than a beef burger, but definitely not lacking in flavor.
However, if you are looking to add more flavor, you can head over to the Jennie-O website and look for fun recipes to try out using the Jennie-O products. Like this Mexican Turkey Burger recipe which I am including in my Shade Tree donation package. How amazing does this recipe sound?
Mexican Turkey Burgers made using Jennie-O Lean Turkey Patties (Recipe credit)
Makes 4 servings Prep time Under 15 minutes Total time Under 30 minutes
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1/3 cup thick-and-chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or green onions, chopped
- 1 package JENNIE-O TURKEY STORE® Turkey Burger Patties
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers, if desired
- 4 Kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split and toasted if desired
- 4 red leaf or romaine lettuce leaves
In a small bowl, combine avocado, salsa, and cilantro; set aside. Cook the patties as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165ºF as measured by a meat thermometer. If desired, place cheese over patties during the last minute of cooking. Place lettuce on bottom of rolls; top with patties and avocado mixture and close with roll tops.
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F
My Champions for Kids challenge was to give up something I don’t need, and use the savings of that to help share healthy items with children in need.
I chose to give up diet coke and use the savings of that to purchase a gift card for The Shade Tree Women & Children’s Shelter here in Las Vegas so that they can purchase some healthy Jennie-O products for their families. I will be mailing out a package to them today that will include several Jennie-O recipes like the one featured above, and a gift card. I included a note to them to explain the challenge as well as what the folder contained.
I hope they will be able to enjoy the Jennie-O products as much as my family does and make the switch to healthier choices!
Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™. #JennieOCFK #CBias #SocialFabric. All thoughts and opinions are 100% honest and my own.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016