A lot of people make resolutions in the new year, and while I have not always made them in years past, this year I really wanted to focus on a few things.
- Losing my baby weight and then some.
- Cutting our food budget and save money!
I’m a bit ashamed to admit this, but in the past, we have spent A LOT of money on our food. Dining out, last minute food runs, and even inefficient grocery shopping has led to hundreds of dollars spent that could have been saved with better planning. In the past my grocery shopping has been poor to say the least! Not only did we not have the food we needed to create the meals we wanted to eat, but I have been more than guilty of throwing away copious amounts of food at the end of the week.
I’ve had enough. This year I am focusing on cutting our food budget! I will be doing this through a couple of ways!
- Meal Planning. Each week I will sit down with my family and plan 3-5 meals depending on our needs for the week. Then I will create a grocery list to compliment our meal planning.
- Using Food We Already Have. I need to go through our freezer and work with things we already have! No reason to purchase more food if it is already in our home. Plus I really need to make some space in our deep freezer for Baby D’s breast milk.
- Bountiful Baskets. I am lucky enough to live in a state that has a great program called Bountiful Baskets. This is a weekly pickup of produce either Organic or regular at a significantly discounted price. I did this when Squishy was a baby and I was making his food, and we always had so much great produce to pick from!
- Dine out with Restaurant.com. This is something I am really excited about. Often times when you cut your food budget, dining out is the first thing to go. However, my husband and I love eating out and trying new food so much we really didn’t want to compromise this part of our budget. Thankfully with Restaurant.com we are able to have the best of both worlds. Discounted dining at hundreds of Las Vegas locations means we can save money and still enjoying a great date night or family outing.
We have really enjoyed picking a new restaurant each month for the past several months and exploring all the fun dining options Las Vegas has to offer. We really love that we have been able to save money doing it. Because dining out is something we are going to do, we can plan ahead and use Restaurant.com to save anywhere from $5-$50 when dining out! This has not only been a great savings to our monthly food budget, but has been a lot of fun too! I look forward to doing this throughout 2013.
How do you plan on saving money in 2013?
Disclosure: I am a Restaurant.com brand ambassador. Compensation is given for my role as a brand ambassador for Restaurant.com. All thoughts and opinions about Restaurant.com are 100% honest and my own.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016