This is one of my current favorite salads. I like that I can make it ahead of time and use it as a side or add my favorite protein and have it as a complete meal.
You might have noticed it was in my first 21 Day Fix Meal Plan. If you are following that plan this would have 1 Yellow, 2 Green, 1 Blue, 1 Orange, and 1 Tbsp. Add your protein and you’d just add on one red container. If you want to add olive oil or another dressing, you can either remove the olives or add on another orange container.
I love that everyone in my family loves this salad – especially my 6 year old son. He thinks it’s delicious. Lately we’ve also been adding artichoke hearts into it for an even bigger Greek flavor.
You could even add some mint if you felt like it needed more flavor but you didn’t want to add any calorie adding ingredients.
- 2 cups of cooked Quinoa (I like to cook the quinoa in Chicken stock for extra flavor)
- 1 cup of diced English cucumber
- ½ of Feta cheese
- ¼ cup of Kalamata olives, sliced in half
- 1 cup of diced tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes
- Red onions (optional)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Cook the quinoa as directed.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, at that to a large bowl along with the other ingredients.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the ingredients and toss gently.
- Adjust the salt to your liking.
- You can also add 2 Tbsp of a lite vinaigrette to this or just some EVOO.
Let me know what you think. The recipe is written as if you were making it for several people. If you are following the 21 Day Fix – just use your containers to measure out your servings.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016