My first little boy turned 4 years old this June. At 4 years old he is 43.5 inches and 43 lbs. While he hadn’t fully outgrown our Britax Advocate or our other convertible yet, he only had a few inches left in the Advocate and was starting to tell me he wasn’t comfortable anymore. When I saw the Britax Frontier 90 Harness 2 Booster at the ABC Children’s Expo this spring I knew I had found the last car seat we would buy for our son! It is for that reason that I am making the Britax Frontier 90 this week’s featured Mom Pick!
When the car seat arrived on our doorstep for review, my son excitedly exclaimed that it was the “talking car seat” and was very happy to get it into the car. Normally I dread installing car seats. Especially in Vegas summers. By the time I get them threaded (we had already passed the weight limit for latch use on our our SUV) I am a sweaty mess! Plus with the lap belt install it always took me a few tries to get tight enough. Talk about frustration.
If there is one thing you should know about the Britax Frontier 90 it is that it is frustration free!! This car seat is so smart and effortless! With the Click Tight Technology I can install it in 30 seconds!!
Check Out Just How Easy It Is To Install!
In the video I installed it without the top tether which at my son’s weight is okay (It MUST be used when child weighs 65lbs +).
However Britax actually recommends it be used at all times. For the purpose of the video I didn’t do it, but I do have it attached in my car at all times.
When Can You Use the Frontier 90?
- Harness Mode: Children must: be at least two years of age and weigh between 25 and 90 lbs (11.3 and 40.8 kg) and stand between 30 and 58 in. (76.2 and 147.3 cm) in height.
- Booster Mode: Children must: weigh between 40 and 120 lbs (18.1 and 54.4 kg) and stand between 45 and 62 in. (114.3 and 157.5 cm) in height.
Britax recommends staying in the Harness Mode until your child has outgrown the limits. Be sure to read your owners manual for more details and information!
Features on Britax Frontier 90:
- Color-Coded Vehicle Belt Guides provide clear indication of the path and positioning of the vehicle seat belt for use in either harness or booster mode.
- ClickTight Installation System allows parents to easily achieve a safe and secure installation using the vehicle seat belt throughout the life of the seat, in harness mode, without having to worry about the weight of their child (May not be compatible with all vehicles. See installation instructions.)
- Energy Absorbing Versa-Tether anchors the top of the car seat to the vehicle using a two-point attachment, minimizing the amount of forward movement of the car seat. Stage-released stitching helps reduce the crash forces reaching the child.
- Tangle-Free, Five-Point Harness (with 9 harness height positions – up to 20.5”) distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and provides a secure fit.
- Easy Transition from Harness to Booster Mode without removing harness straps.
- Front-Adjust Recline for optimal child comfort.
- Easy-Remove Cover allows easy cleaning, without disassembling the harness or uninstalling the car seat.
- Integrated Cup Holders and Storage are designed for easy access to children’s cups, snacks and toys.
- Armrests provide a natural and comfortable place to rest arms.
- Two Buckle Positions offer a snug and secure fit for your growing child.
What I love about the Harness 2 Booster Seat:
- My son can stay in a 5 point harness until he is 90lbs or 58 inches and with a Booster limit of 120 lbs and 62 inches this will be the last car seat I will ever have to purchase for my son.
- With a 9 year expiration I can easily use this seat for
- The ClickTight Install is so easy, and the color-coded pathways make this install a breeze!
- When it is installed, this car seat DOESN’T BUDGE! Most car seats tell you they can move up to 1 inch and still be safe. I LOVE knowing how secure this seat is!
- The quick adjust no-rethread harness is a great feature. I can adjust the harness straps with one hand!
- My son thinks his seat is very comfortable which means less complaining in the car!
The Britax Frontier 90 retails for $329.99 but you can find it on Amazon right now for about $236.
Connect With Britax:
What is your favorite feature?
Disclosure: I received product to facilitate my review. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016