Hello everyone! Can you believe that it is already September 25th?? That means Christmas is just around the corner!
Today I have a craft that is not only decorative, but functional as well. If your family is anything like mine, we get LOTS of beautiful Christmas and holiday cards from friends and family. Since we don’t have a mantle, I no longer had a place to hang and display all the cards we received. So I came up with a beautiful way to display them.
- Frame of any size, the larger the frame, the better as it holds more cards!
- Christmas or holiday ribbon
- Christmas or holiday wrapping paper
- Staple gun
- Mini clothes pins
- Start by removing any packaging from your frame, take the back piece off as well as remove the glass / plastic from the frame.
- You will then wrap the back piece with the wrapping paper on the front side. Once wrapped, set aside.
- Take your frame and measure out the ribbon, making sure to cut enough length for the ribbon to wrap around both edges of the frame.
- Cut as many pieces as you would like to have to hang cards from, making sure to not place them to close together.
- Place the first ribbon fairly close to the top of the frame, and attach to the frame with the staple gun, pull tight on the other side and secure. Repeat this step with all other ribbons until you have attached as many as you would like.
- Once ribbons are all secure, place back piece back into the frame, hang on your wall and enjoy!
I use mini-clothes pins to hold my flat and vertical cards on my frame, and just place horizontal cards on the ribbon!
Check out this great video tutorial on how easy it is to make this craft!
If you don’t have the room to make a large one, you can always make a couple smaller ones and display around your entire house! I have also thought of making one around 16 x 20 to display around birthdays to help display the cards that we receive!
This card display is so easy to make your own, and for any event or holiday! I think it would look super cute in a teachers classroom around valentines day for them to display all the cute valentines that the kids give out!
If you have any questions feel free to ask!