I’m trying something new on the blog this week. Instead of just doing a weekly menu plan with links to recipes I plan on trying, I am going to try my best to recap what I’m eating during the week. My “Paleo Plates” if you will. My hope is that it will not only keep me more accountable to myself, but also provide readers with ideas of what they could be eating.
A couple things you should know:
- I tend now to vary my breakfasts or lunches too much. I’m a creature of habit, especially during the day when my main focus is on my two young boys. I like easy, and repeating meals that tasted awesome the first time is easy.
- I’m not 100% Paleo. One day I may hope to get there, but there are times I will have a random carb, especially one weekends with the family. I usually always end up “paying” for it the next day, but perfect I am not. I love a good sandwich, regular potatoes, and pizza. (That last one is a non-negotiable cheat right now. I simply can not have dairy due to Baby D’s reaction to it in my breastmilk.) My compromise to this is that I am strict paleo during the week. On the weekends I try to be as paleo as possible, but I’m not going to kick myself for a slip. I realize this will frustrate some readers, but it’s what is working for me right now. I love the way my body feels while eating paleo, but I tend to get stuck in my head and self sabotage when I completely restrict a certain food group. This compromise actually keeps me more Paleo then not!
- I’m exclusively breastfeeding my FPIES baby. So I look for good high fat foods and love root veggies to help support my breastmilk supply. I am also dairy and egg free because of the reactions my son has to those foods. Originally I was told to eliminate the top 5 allergens, but this week our allergist said no wheat, no soy, no peanuts wasn’t necessary – except that it follows Paleo…
Okay with all that said here are this week’s Paleo Plates!
(Sorry I wasn’t awesome with taking pictures! I will try to be better!)
Breakfast: Strawberries, banana, coconut flakes, almond butter.
Workout: 35 minutes elliptical. + babywearing squats/lunges.
Lunch: Leftover chicken and mushrooms taco filling topped with avocado/salsa.
Dinner: Steak, roasted broccoli, sweet potatoes!
Breakfast: Canadian bacon, cashews, banana.
Lunch: This was delish! Shredded cabbage, avocado, black olives, and leftover shredded chicken with mushrooms. Topped with medium salsa! Side roasted broccoli!
Dinner: Butter lettuce, kalamata olives, tuna, and balsamic reduction.
Breakfast: Cashews, Canadian bacon, cucumbers, banana.
Lunch: Chicken patty, roasted broccoli, avocado/tomato salad with champagne vinaigrette.
Dinner: Pork and veggie fajitas with pico de gallo and guacamole!
Breakfast: Almond butter with coconut flakes, banana and blueberries.
Lunch: turkey slices, almonds, and bell peppers.
Dinner: romaine, tuna, #bacon, olives, cherry tomatoes, homemade red wine vinaigrette.
I only managed to track 4 days this week. Thursday both boys got sick and I was rarely online let alone taking pictures of my food… But this should give you some good ideas! I will tell you Saturday I had a big Capriotis sandwich. My stomach wasn’t very happy with me the next day. Next time I’m going to get a salad instead! Ditch the bread, still have the flavor!
This week I’m Cooking:
- Crock Pot Pork Carnitas from Mom Gone Paleo
- Pan Fried Lemon Chicken from Stupid Easy Paleo
- Marinated Greek Chicken (+ salad) with Slow Roasted Tomatoes from eMeals Paleo Plan
- Possibly Balsamic Roast Beef
Check out what I ate during the Whole30!
If you have an awesome Paleo Pinterest board, blog, or IG let me know! You can see my meals nightly on my Instagram!
What are you eating this week?
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016