My first baby is growing up so quickly! This fall he started Pre-K four days a week. He is loving going to school and learning new things. So much so that I am always looking for things that I can do at home to continue his desire to learn in a fun relaxed environment.
Recently I was asked to host a LeapReader Ready, Set, Read & Write Party with the LeapReader reading and writing system. I was really excited to host because I had looked at the LeapReader in the store and wondered if it would be as cool as it looked, or if it would gather dust in the home.
LeapFrog is truly the leader in the educational entertainment industry! For the past 18 years LeapFrog has helped millions of kids not only to learn to read, but to love to read as well! This past July LeapFrog introduced the LeapReader, the next generation of learning and the complete learn to read and write solution for kids! With this system kids learn to sound out words and read sentences, learn to write letters with interactive guidance, and listen to audio book, music, and so much more!
- A library of 150+ books, workbooks, audio books, and more!
- For ages 4-8
- Available in Pink and Green
- A sampler book and four apps are included with purchase of your system ($20 value)
- USB rechargeable battery
- Holds audio for up to 40 books or 175 songs!
The LeapReader solution includes three essential experiences:
- Learn to Read: Sounds out words, reads sentences, and lets kids play games and puzzles.
- Learn to Write: LeapReader gives children interactive guidance as they practice writing letters and numbers on special mess-free writing paper.
- Learn through Listening: Audio books learning songs and trivia challenges build comprehension skills and vocabulary.
For the party we were given:
- 2 LeapReaders
- Learn to Write Letter with Mr. Pencil Writing Workbook
- Talking Words Factory Writing Workbook
- LeapFrog Disney-Pixar Monsters University 3D book
- Get Ready for Kindergarten book
- Talking Words Factory Flash Cards
- 2 LeapReader Sampler Books
The kids at our party were all 4 – 4.5 years. They loved the system. They all took turns using the 2 LeapReaders and when they weren’t using them they were actively watching the kids who were using the pens to see what they were doing and engaging by helping and listening. Sounding our words with the Talking Words Factory Flash Cards and Getting Ready for Kindergarten were the two favorites of the party, although they also loved the diversity of the sampler books.
All the parents were very impressed by the system and wanted to know how much it cost ($49.99 to start), and where they could buy it! (www.leapfrog.com/leapreader). I was impressed with how it not only captured their attention, but kept them quietly playing for quite some time! Maps of the World, Dinosaurs, and Parts of the Body were not things I thought to introduce at this age, but they loved it! The response was 100% positive and everyone left saying they would be adding this to their kid’s holiday wish list!
Since the party K has played with his LeapReader every single day! He loves it, and I love that he is having fun learning! It is definitely as cool as it looks and would be a great gift for any child 4-8!
Disclosure: I received product to host this party for our friends at LeapFrog and MomSelect. All opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016