I love taking pictures of my kids, especially when it comes to milestones. I started taking back to school pictures with a sign when my oldest started Preschool and I loved it so much I haven’t stopped.
You might remember my printable back to school Kindergarten sign from last year. I loved it. It was seriously the sweetest way to start his first real school year off, and it’s something I will always have. When the last day of Kinder rolled around I found this adorable chalkboard at Michaels and an idea was born.
You see, I’m not crafty. I don’t have nice handwriting, and I don’t want to buy a new sign every year, but I love comparison pictures and I’m big on tradition. I figured for less than $15 with one chalkboard sign (really any sign will do, but I love the combination of chalkboard and school…), I could accomplish everything with very little effort on my part.
This is seriously the easiest and most simple back to school sign. You can re-use it every year and you can use it with multiple children!
- A Chalkboard Sign (I got mine at Michaels, but this one on Amazon is very similar.)
- PicMonkey.com or any simple editor that allows you to add text to your picture.
- Chalkboard Markers – if you prefer to write it yourself.
Have your child pose holding a blank sign.
I recommend taking school pictures in the same spot so you can compare how much they have grown from the start of the year!
You can now edit your picture and add the text you want on the sign. I usually use picmonkey.com because it’s free, although if you go premium they also have some fun chalkboard fonts. If you prefer to write on your sign, I recommend chalkboard markers because they stand out better than regular chalk does.
And that is it! I told you this was the most simple back to school sign that you’d be able to re-use year after year!
Do you have any back to school traditions? I’d love to hear them – let me know in the comments below!
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016