Now that I am done with my Whole30, I have begun to juice again daily. I love juicing. There is nothing more refreshing then a crisp glass of fresh squeeze juice and one of my favorite ways to start my morning is with beet juice.
Did you know beets are a superfood? Yep! Like kale, blueberries, and other superfoods beets are packed with nutrient compounds that help protect against heart disease, birth defects and certain cancers, specifically colon cancer. (That one is close to my heart as you may or may not know I lost my step-mother a little over a year ago to colon cancer.)
Health benefits of beets include:
- Rich in antioxidants
- Cancer fighting properties
- High in anti-inflammatory compounds. (I love beet juice for my headaches…)
- Helps to rid the body of toxins
- High in fiber
There are lots of ways you can juice beets. After tinkering in the kitchen for a while I came up with my personal favorite beet juice recipe:
- 2 Sweet Apples
- 4-6 Celery Stalks
- 1 Beet (quartered)
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Lemon
- Small Chunk Ginger - optional*
- ¼ cup water - optional**
- Wash all your fruits and vegetables.
- Cut into agreeable size for your juicer.
- Slowly add ingredients one by one to your juicer.
- Mix juice to blend.
- Pour and enjoy!
- Makes 28-32 ozs
** I like to run ¼ cup cold water through my juicer at the end to flush out any remaining juice. Depending on your particular juicer this is optional.
This is one of my son’s favorite juices that I make. I make sure I don’t use very much ginger when I juice for him. If I use the amount I like it’s too spicy for him.
Want another recipe? Check out Sweet Apple Romaine Juice.
I use the Bella NutriPro Cold PressJuicer. It retails for $199 – but Amazon often has it for $155. <— (Affiliate Link)
Do you juice? What is your favorite type of juice?
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016