(Skip to the bottom if you are just here for the No Bake Cranberry Protein Bite Recipe!)
Eek! Where did the weekend go? I swear the weekends are just as crazy if not more so than the weekdays. We are getting ready to start another deployment, so we tend to try to get as much jammed into the weekends as we can while the Hubs is still home.
On Sunday I was listening to country radio and Steve Azar’s song I Don’t Have To Be Me (‘Til Monday) came on. I had to laugh because I don’t remember the last time I could just shuck off responsibilities like that. Not that I mind because I am all to aware that my boys are growing up too quickly as it is, but it brought me back to my college days and I daydreamed for a few minutes about what it felt like to just be able to sleep as long as I could on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
Welcome back Monday! Each Monday I am trying to be really diligent about meal planning and scheduling my workouts. It not only helps to keep our weeks running smoothly, but it helps me to make sure I get everything I want to accomplish done during the weeks.
Because we are gearing up for another deployment and this week is Spring Break I am all about keeping it as simple as possible.
This Week’s Meal Plan
- Monday: Chicken Verde Tacos
- Tuesday: Greek Salad & Chicken
- Wednesday: Steak with roasted sweet potatoes and broccoli
- Thursday: Leftovers
- Friday: Turkey Burgers with dill potato fries
- Saturday: Date Night – It’s our 7 year anniversary!
- Sunday: Leftovers
This Week’s Workout Plan
- Monday: Cardio plus weights (back/chest)
- Tuesday: Rest Day
- Wednesday: Swim 1000 + Weights (Biceps/Triceps)
- Thursday: Spin Class
- Friday: Swim 1000 + Bike
- Saturday: Body Pump + Cardio
- Sunday: Rest Day
So speaking of keeping thing simple a little over a week ago I tried my hand at making no bake cranberry protein bites and I have to say they turned out AMAZING! Both my son and I are loving them. While they are certainly not low calorie they pack a great protein punch and are a great after school snack for him before baseball practice and the perfect grab and go breakfast for me or post workout boost.
They were REALLY easy to make, and after the were done I just threw them in the freezer. I can pull one out and it thaws pretty quickly while we are getting ready for the day or while I workout.
- 1 Cup Oats
- 6 Scoops (2 cups) Protein Powder (I used Isopure Vanilla Zero Carb Protein Powder)
- 1 Cup Almond Butter
- ¾ Cup Cashew Butter
- 1⅓ Cup Honey (You can substitute agave or maple syrup)
- ⅓ Cup Dried Cranberries
- 4 T Chia Seeds
- Optional - 1 T Coconut Butter for topping.
- Combine dry ingredients in bowl - mix well
- Add wet ingredients to pot and heat over low until well blended.
- Mix ingredients
- Once mixed roll a small handful into a ball shape.
- Makes about 20 balls.
Without Coconut Butter Topping
193 Calories|13g Fat|10g Carbs|2.5g Fiber|2g Sugar|12g Protein
With Coconut Butter Topping
197 Calories|13g Fat|10.5g Carbs|2.5g Fiber|2g Sugar|12g Protein
Just keep the calorie count in mind with these… They are REALLY yummy, but one is plenty!
Between this and the grain free granola we love to make – we have some awesome snacks on hand to keep up on track!
I’m only down .4lbs this week. But you know what? I will take it!
Related articles across the web
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016