I can’t believe I am at the end of week 4 already. I only have 3 more days until I complete my journey on my first Whole30. This has probably been the most chaotic and stressful week yet. I struggled all week long to even find time to make food or any moments for myself. Since my husband has deployed my older son (as expected) is pushing limits and both boys have been very demanding of me. I am a mother before I am anything else right now so they come first. I am glad to say while there were MANY points in time this week I wanted to throw in the towel and eat something quick and east, I stuck to the plan and I’m proud of myself. This has been a lesson in discipline and restraint for me, and more than anything else shows me I can do anything I put my mind to.
I was so hungry by the time I got to lunch that I inhaled my food and forgot to take a picture!
- Breakfast: Two fried eggs, strawberries, cashews.
- Lunch: No picture… I was so hungry! Roasted chicken party, olives, sweet potatoes.
- Dinner: Shredded chicken, spinach, black olives, kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, broccoli. Yum!
Good day. Very reflective.
- Breakfast: Juicy mango, two poached eggs, almonds.
- Workout: Yoga. Very peaceful, much needed!
- Lunch: 3 eggs hardboiled, avocado, pico de gallo.
- Dinner: Steak cooked with ghee, mushrooms, seared garlic, green beans. Delicious!
In case you haven’t figured it out… I’m a bit obsessed with Guacamole!
- Breakfast: Banana, blueberries, coconut flakes, and a bit too much almond butter!
- Workout: elliptical.
- Lunch: Chicken patty, carrot chips, guacamole, olives.
- Dinner: Grass fed beef, with grated onion, garlic, and mushrooms stuffed into a pepper, topped with tomato sauce… I ate two. They were awesome
- Breakfast: Green smoothie with spinach, pineapple, peaches, and coconut milk.
- Lunch: Stuffed pepper and avocado.
- Dinner: Steak, green beans, mushrooms, and roasted garlic.
I’ve been swamped today. Very little sleep here, but I’m still pushing along. No breakfast today. Crazy morning, no quick-go to breakfasts… But I didn’t cheat.
- Breakfast: Skipped Meal…
- Lunch: Salad with two hard boiled eggs, turkey, green peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, vinegar.
- Dinner: Salad with romaine, cherry tomatoes, black olives, kalamata olives, broccoli, shredded chicken, and homemade avocado dressing.
I pretty much was in tears by the end of this day. The whining and tantrums from my older son got to me. In the past I would have turned to food to comfort me. I thought about it, but I stayed strong. I was proud of myself for not cheating when I woke up the next day.
- Breakfast: The choice on race day of many… Banana! (That is a lot of nanas!)
- Workout: 5k walk… With toddlers… 39 minute miles. Plus walking to and from location while pushing 60lbs and wearing my 20lb baby. I guess I should use them to workout more often! 🙂
- Lunch: Turkey and ham, broccoli, spinach, broccoli, tomatoes, green olives, pickles, carrots, fresh fruit.
- Dinner: 3 eggs, mushrooms, black olives, fruit salad.
- Breakfast: 3 eggs fried, fruit salad.
- Lunch: Tuna, romaine, green olives, kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, homemade avocado dressing.
- Dinner: Roasted red pepper chicken sausage with sweet potatoes, and roasted broccoli.
Week 5 Meal Plan:
As I head into the final 3 days of my Whole30 I plan on continuing my Whole30 meal plans. I may be less strict and have a Paleo pancake or cookie, and I plan on having a cheat day here and there. I’m enjoying the way I feel and the way my body is changing too much to turn back now. (Check out my weight loss to date!)
- Egg Muffins with chicken sausage
- Monkey salad
- Larabars (if running behind)
- Hardboiled eggs
- Paleo Pancakes
- Turkey roll ups
- Chicken patties
- Sweet potato hash
- Steak with onions and mushrooms
- Balsamic Chicken with roasted veggies
- Stuffed Paleo Peppers (recipe coming soon!)
- Shredded chicken salads
Previous Whole30 Posts:
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016