This post was sponsored by Think About Your Eyes as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received compensation as a thank you for my review.
Now that the weather is warming up, it’s hard not to daydream about getting outside and enjoying it. But if you are like me and work from home – getting time under the sun isn’t always a priority. Let’s change that. This spring I want to be more active outdoors and here are five ways that I’m going to make sure I accomplish that.
- Walk every day. Yep, I said every day. When you think about it, it’s not that hard to find either three 10-minute breaks or a 30-45 minute lunch break to spend walking outside. One days that I know are going to be busy once I start them, I take 30 minutes before I sign in to my computer to walk around my neighborhood. On days that I know I will be able to take a lunch break, I eat early at my desk and then spend a good 45 minutes taking a nice long walk. And finally on days that are complete chaos and just filled with deadlines, I try to find three 10 minute break periods and just do a quick lap around the block each time. All three of these options get me outside and walking for at least 30 minutes every day. Great vitamin D, great way to keep my blood flowing and my mind focused on the days event.
- Find a new park. My boys recently said to me that they were bored of the parks we went to. Honestly, so was I. So I reached out to friends and found a list of 10 parks we haven’t been to around town, and over the next 10 weeks we are going to visit one each week! Exploring a new park is good for the whole family. It breaks you of routine, keeps you on your toes as you learn the new surroundings, and you might even make new friends in the process.
- Become Treasure Hunters! Did you know there is this thing called Geocaching? “Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location.” – Geocaching.com It’s a ton of fun and a great way to explore parts of your city that you might not have been before. Plus you get to be modern day treasure hunter! My boys think that is just the coolest!
Once you are outside don’t forget to protect yourself. Sunscreen every day, wear a hat, and don’t forget to think about your eyes!
Think About Your Eyes is a national public awareness campaign that promotes the benefits of eye health, and reminds people to get their eyes checked annually. I was sent this info graphic (below) to share the Think About Your Eyes initiative and really love the message of it. They say that the eyes are the windows to your soul, and I certainly wouldn’t be able to enjoy the outdoors as much as I do without my eyes. Just like the rest of our muscles we need to care for them to make sure they are performing at their maximum ability.
Getting an annual comprehensive eye exam can help detect eye problems at their early stages when they’re most treatable. Visit the Think About Your Eyes eye care professional locator to find an eye doctor near you and schedule an exam.
What is your favorite way to be more active outside?
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016