If you have been to Target recently and ventured over to the baby aisles, chances are you have seen an end-cap covered in Charlie Banana Cloth Diapers. Recently I was sent a package of 6 to review and try out on Baby D. I didn’t know it at the time, but I was about to find my favorite daytime pocket diaper!
Sold individually, as a 3-pack, or a 6-pack, these colorful pocket diapers are one size fits most. Plus they have the added bonus of being a 2-1 Hybrid diaper, which means you can use it as a regular pocket cloth diaper or buy the disposable inserts which are perfect for traveling!
How 2 in 1 Works
We love cloth diapers for their many benefits. But after speaking with many cloth-diapering parents, we realized they were still buying disposable diapers for certain occasions, such as holidays and drop-offs with grandparents.
Charlie Banana® diapers are a 2-in-1 reusable diaper system. Its a cloth diaper but with a smart front panel that gives you the option of tucking in a disposable pad for those special occasions.
With Charlie Banana® diapers, you get the best of both diaper worlds!
Charlie Banana Cloth Diaper Features:
- Adjustable elastics in the legs to make the diaper fit baby from 6-35lbs. They are very easy to adjust (much like a bra strap), and you mostly don’t need to move them until your baby grows. I do recommend checking them every once in a while to be sure they didn’t get moved in the wash.
- The trim fit. These diapers are trimmer than most of my other pockets, but still have the same efficiency. When I started using these diapers Baby D was 3 months old and about 16lbs. Now at 18lbs and 4 months they still fit great.
- Hip snaps to prevent drooping and extra snaps to allow them to overlap for a good fit on smaller babies. This diaper really does grow with your baby as you can see in the pictures below.
- They come with 2 inserts each one xs/small insert and one med/large insert. They small inserts are perfect for adding extra absorbency where you might need it for longer trips between changes.
This is turned out to be my favorite and go to for day time diapering. I like that the elastic adjustment is so easy to use. I prefer that over the snap rise change of many other one size diapers. I love that I can add a second smaller insert for extra coverage where I need it when we are out and about without adding too much bulk. I have not had a single leak from these diapers. I adore the bright colors and sweet patterns. My little man has had many compliments on his Anchors & Sailboats diaper. I can’t wait to add some more patterns to our stash.
I like that they are available as individual diapers, 3 packs, or 6 packs. It makes it easy to truly purchase the exact amount your stash needs.
My only complaint about the diapers is that they are stuffed from the front. You have to remove the inserts prior to washing, as they will not agitate out. This means that I always have to pull a soaking wet insert from the wettest part of the diaper. A small complaint, but it would be nice if the opening was in the back instead. However, I imagine having the pocket in the front allows the disposable insert to stay in place better.
Ease of Use: A
Performance with second insert: A+
Overall: A – I have already purchased 2 more of these diapers to add to our stash, and I look forward to adding more.
These diapers retail individually for $20.99, 3-packs $44.99, and a 6-pack starts at $109.99 at Target.com or in select Target stores.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016