14 days done! 14 days of fresh, healthy meals. So far so good. I have to mention since I am breastfeeding my 4 month old exclusively, I have not noticed a drop in my milk, if anything I feel like I have more than ever. This has been very reassuring to me, and I’m sure Baby D is liking it!
I did have a major slip up at dinner out with my husband. I had dairy and grains in my meal. I failed to pre-plan my food prior to going out, and instead of dwelling over it and letting the menu overwhelm me I chose to let go a bit. I really wanted to enjoy a nice last night out with my family before my husband deployed. While I felt/feel really guilty, I know that I have been giving this Whole30 my all. I decided not to start over, but rather add a few days or a week on at the end depending on how I am feeling.
I have to keep reminding myself that this wasn’t and isn’t only about losing weight, it is about resetting my body. Real life happened and I am okay now with the choice I made. I have found some wonderful support in Instagram friends who are also doing the Whole30 and that support was nice enough to remind me how well I have been doing.
Check out my Week 1 on Whole30.
Ran WAY late for breakfast, so grabbed something quick. I’m loving all the energy I’ve been having and how it’s been helping me push through my workouts!
- Breakfast: Larabar, last hard boiled egg, banana.
- Lunch: Leftover chicken tenders, kalamata olives, beefsteak tomato, guacamole.
- Dinner: Two beef patties, two poached eggs, sweet potatoes, and cuties (clementines). I was hungry and then very satisfied!
- Snacks: none! Didn’t feel hungry between meals.
Going strong! Trying to figure out something besides eggs to eat for breakfast. Was reminded at the end of this week that perhaps I need to stop thinking of traditional “breakfasts” and just build a meal that sounds good and has nice protein. I got a nice treat at the end of day 9. I put on jeans that I haven’t fit into since pre-pregnancy and they were even a little loose!
- Breakfast: Banana, almond butter, blueberries, coconut flakes.
- Workout: 30 mins stepmill + Yoga class.
- Lunch: Crockpot chicken topped with(not shown) veggie salsa, two cuties, sweet potato coins.
- Dinner: Asian shredded pork, baby Bella mushrooms, orange bell pepper, broccoli, fresh grated ginger, and minced garlic in olive oil. 1.5 servings as I was hungry!
- Snack: Nuts, and 3 slices dried pear.
Still feeling great! I loved my breakfast casserole that I made for dinner. My husband also loved it! He was worried because it didn’t have cheese, but was really impressed with the flavor. I will make this again!
- Breakfast: Banana, almond butter, strawberries, coconut flakes.
- Lunch: A bowl of goodness! Shredded chicken, sweet potato mash, avocado, salsa, and kalamata olives. Topped with a little olive oil and a side of crispy green beans.
- Dinner: Baked a breakfast casserole. Chicken sausage with apple, eggs, black olives, grated onions, and heaping bunch of spinach. Used Penzeys mural of flavor and garlic to season. Side carrot chips.
- Workout: 1hr elliptical.
- Snacks: cashews, raisins, carrots.
Woke up sore! I cancelled my gym plans and allowed my body a day of rest I’m glad I did because my back really needed it! Breakfast casserole was even better then next day! Also, I used to love eating tortilla chips with guacamole, but obviously I can’t anymore. I have really been loving these carrot chips! The satisfaction of the crunch helps alleviate my desire for tortilla chips!
- Breakfast: Leftover egg casserole from day 10, with roasted brussel sprouts and cauliflower.
- Lunch: Trader Joes chicken patty, guacamole with carrot chips, cherry tomatoes, green olives.
- Dinner: Steak, broccoli, roasted asparagus.
- Snacks: None – didn’t need any to feel full. I love feeling full and satisfied!
The bad day… Was feeling uncreative when it came to my meals. I tend to repeat meals a bit because it’s easy, works with my OCD, and makes me happy to know I can do something quick! Everything was great until dinner. I didn’t pre-plan my meal out. Dining out on the Whole30 can be hard, but its near impossible if you don’t pre-plan. But since it was my hub’s last meal before deployment I let go and cheated a little. I was upset afterwards, but I am okay with it now. One meal isn’t going to ruin what I am doing. Tomorrow is a new day.
- Breakfast: Two poached eggs, green salad with tomatoes and cucumber.
- Lunch: Enjoyed yesterday’s lunch so much I repeated it. TJs chicken patty, olives, cherry tomatoes, guacamole, carrot chips.
- Workout: 20 minutes stairs + yoga/Pilates fusion in a heated room.
- Dinner: Pre-deployment dinner out with the hubs ended with a fail. The cooked my dinner in butter, plus I ate some rice.
Made a conscious effort to really start today fresh after last night’s cheat. I had a bit of a stomach ache, but I suppose that is to be expected. Went to Costco last night prior to our dinner out to re-new our membership and came home with some new almond butter, salsa, and some awesome chicken sausage! Yay for Costco! I also love my gym for having healthy meals with nitrate free meats!
- Breakfast: Two poached eggs, two cuties, banana.
- Lunch: Mediterranean salad with chicken, roasted turkey, bacon, tomatoes, cucumbers, kalamata olives, avocado, and spinach. Added roasted veggies on top. Super filling!
- Workout: Worked to stay in my fat burning heart rate zone, forgot to stop my watch. Really only did 1 hour on elliptical.
- Dinner: Sweet potato mash topped with artichoke & garlic chicken sausage and baby Bella mushrooms.
Woke up with a wicked headache and bad tummy ache. After laying in bed with the kids prior to eating any food my lip swelled up again. Probably bigger than ever. I think if it was the dairy or grains I ate the other night, it would have happened the next morning. I am so bummed after cutting all the dairy, grains, sugar, beans, and alcohol out of my diet I still had my allergic reaction. I was hoping not to have any during the Whole30 so I could know it was something in my diet. I guess I will be heading to the allergist after all. Totally bummed.
- Breakfast/Lunch: Three poached eggs, clementines, and leftover chicken sausage with baby Bella mushrooms.
- Dinner: Sweet potato mash, shredded chicken, and pico de gallo.
- Snack: Avocado and plantain “chips”.
Here is to a GREAT week 3!
Follow me on Instagram to see my daily Whole30 Journey.
If you are Paleo what are your must haves from Costco?
What do you do when you “cheat” while focusing on a goal?
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016