My first baby was born in June. We took him into the pool for the first time when he was 2.5 months old. Baby D was born in December, and for our second baby I think he got really lucky because he is at a great age to enjoy his first Las Vegas summer. He turned 6 months in June and was starting to sit up and ready to join his brother in the splash pads and pools to escape the heat. This summer Baby D’s only swimwear comes from Bummis Sun Line which we got to review at the ABC Kids Expo this spring and it is perfect to keep his skin protected from the sun while enjoying some water fun.
The Bummis Sun Line is fun and functional, and is perfect for all your swim needs!
Bummis Sun Line:
- Sun Cap – The perfect solution for parents who want to provide maximum protection from the sun. Crown and visor are UPF 50! It is available in 3 different sizes 3 months – 24 months, and 5 fun styles to match the swimmis.
- UV-Tee OR Tankini – Swim separates make life easier. Change your baby’s diaper without removing a whole suit. Fabric is UPF 50! It is available in 3 sizes 3 months – 24 months, and comes in teal or orange.
- Swimmi – This swim diaper is a real lifesaver at the beach! With a polyester mesh for easy clean up, and a nylon layer to keep leaks at bay. It comes in 4 sizes 9lbs – 30lbs, and 5 fun styles to match the hats.
The Swimmi is perfect for baby’s delicate skin! It has a hook and look closure to get a good fit, and soft lycra around the edges which is perfect for baby’s soft skin. The swim diaper is very trim and easy to get a good fit, which is good for holding in the poop that could happen! The sun cap is really great for keeping baby shaded from the sun! With the brim and flap you really get maximum coverage from the sun. You can pick from a floppy brim or flap design based on what you think would be best for your baby. The patterns are the same as the swimmi so you can match you baby’s swimmi! Finally the UV Tee or Tankini are both UPF 50 and available in orange or teal. I love the coverage of the tee!
I love everything about this sun line. I love the colors, I love the patterns, I love the way the swim diaper fits! (My baby is nearing 22 lbs now and still fits in the medium. I am very confident we will be able to make the summer with this size. However, I do plan on buying the next size up so Baby D can continue to enjoy his swim time and maybe even start some swim classes next year!
I can’t resist the teal color on my baby’s blue green eyes! The turtle pattern is also super cute, and super bright which makes Baby D easy to spot on the splash pad. (Which keeps the older kids from tripping on him!) I am happy knowing my baby not only looks cute, but he is protected from the sun, and is wearing a swim diaper that will contain all it supposed to!
I even use the hat outside of the pool too! It is great when I am wearing baby D since it covers so much of his skin from the sun!
The swim diaper retails for $14.50, the UV Tee at $21.95, and the Sun hat is $17.95. Head over to the Bummis website to find a retailer near you!
Product was provided to facilitate our review. All opinions are 100% honest and my own. If we don’t love it, I will tell you!
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016