When putting together a list of my Must Have baby items in general, it dawned on me there are many products that I really love solely due to the fact that our summers reach upwards of 110-115 degrees. Living in a part of the country with extreme weather conditions there are many baby products that cater to the parents and babies who live there. My first son was born at the beginning of June, and that summer we learned a lot about living in such a warm and sunny local. Here are my top 5 baby items that any family living in warm weather climates should have!
The blankets are made of muslin, which allows me to swaddle my baby without worrying that they will overheat. They breathe and provide the perfect level of comfort. Plus I love the adorable designs. aden + anais 4 Pack Muslin Swaddle Wrap retails for $49.95.
2. Cool Wazoo This 5-1 baby product is not only innovative but will replace many different products in your diaper bag with one easy to carry it. It works as a:
- Car Seat Cover
- High Chair Cover
- Swing Cover
- Grocery Cart Cover
- Large Changing Pad
The reason this product is on my must have baby items list in general is the fact that it is one product that serves as five, saves space in your diaper bag, and saves parents money by purchasing the Cool Wazoo instead of 5 different products. But this is a must have baby items list for warm weather, and I can tell you living in Las Vegas, even on the cooler summer days the sun makes any playground into a hazardous situation. Swings in direct sunlight on an 80 degree day can get to upwards of 150 degrees and it takes just a second to burn your baby. The Cool Wazoo is made with heat resistant fabric to keep your baby’s precious skin safe. The Cool Wazoo retails for $64.95.
3. The Buggy Shady Cover
The Buggy Shady Cover is a universal stroller and car seat cover that provides both shade and UV protection without having to worry it will fall off like a blanket might. It features:
- Universal Shade for nearly all major brands of strollers & infant car seats
- Provides hands-off privacy for newborns in infant car seats (one of our favorites)
- Keeps child shaded from bright sun & cooler in hot weather
- Breathable transparent mesh blocks 75% of UVA & UVB rays
- Guards against wind, rain, bugs and other elements
- Lightweight designer print fabric layer drops down, completely over the mesh shade, when baby is sleeping or falling asleep
- Won’t fall in on child like a draped blanket
- Easily lifts up and stores on the stroller canopy while remaining attached to use easily next time
Living in super sunny Las Vegas the 75% UV protection offered by the breathable mesh is great. I also really like that baby can see out of the mesh, but the stylish cover can be dropped down for nap time while you are out and about. The Buggy Shady retails for $39.99.
In Las Vegas we use sun shades for out cars on pretty much a daily basis. This product provides your car seat the same coverage and relief from the baking sun. The Mommy’s Helper Car Seat Sun Shade can help reduce the temperature of a car seat by 26 degrees. After parking your car in the hot sun for hours, this helps to keep my son’s car seat buckles from burning him. ** Please note, baby in the car seat while the cover is on. You can find the Mommy’s Helper Car Seat Cover on Amazon for $7.13.
If you are going to live in a warm weather climate, chances are you are going to find a body of water to seek relief from the sun’s hot rays. When we head out in the sun for some splash pad or pool fun, we love our UV Skinz Swimwear. We started swimming with my son when he was a little under 3 months old. With coverage for my son’s sensitive and light skin, and added UV protection in the swimwear itself I’m able to give my son the level of protection you need from the sun. When you live in a city with so much sun year round you have to be really diligent about protecting baby’s skin. UV Skinz makes infant swimwear all the way up to adult swimwear. UV Skinz range in price depending on what item you are buying.
Disclosure: No compensation was provided for this post. Some products were reviewed in the past, but I was not asked to include them in this post. I am including these products because my family values them in hot sunny climates. Some affiliate links may be included.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016