I’m sorry I’m so behind on these recap posts!! In an effort to catch up I am combining 1.5 weeks… Hope you don’t mind too much. My third week into the Whole 30 started off great. Feeling good, getting into a groove, trying some new recipes, and even experimented with dinner for breakfast… My son’s baptism was scheduled for Sunday and my father and sister were coming into town. I thought I was covered. I had planned to cook for everyone, but best laid plans didn’t happen. I slipped up.
I ended up “cheating”, I justified some wine with the fact that as a busy mom of two I rarely get out of the house for a fun evening, and then ate grains… And boy oh boy did my gut HATE me. The www.whole9life.com tells us that we should start over at day 1. So if you are doing a Whole30 and this happens, you probably should start over. I fully plan on doing another round of Whole30 immediately after this one, but I didn’t want to restart as I am sharing all 30 days of my journey here… So I took the day and started back where I left off. The reality is social settings are really hard.
If you end up slipping up, consciously or not it’s still a learning experience. Ask yourself: Why did I do this?
- If it was an honest mistake… move on! Mistakes happen, don’t beat yourself up.
- If you decided consciously to go off your plan instead of making yourself feel badly about it (which usually leads to more emotional eating choices) watch your body and listen to what it’s telling you.
For me I brushed myself off and moved on. I’m glad I did. I’m an emotional eater – starting over for me would have symbolized failure. I tend to eat crap when I feel like I’m failing… so instead of punishing myself I simply said “What’s done is done, I can’t undo it, but I can do better.” For me the Whole30 journey is about learning to make better choices. To stop relying on food as a crutch. It’s not about being perfect, at least not this time. One day I hope to be at a place where starting over won’t mean giving up to me, but since I’m not there yet I am simply pushing on. Remember – This is YOUR journey – no one can tell you how to do it!! Days 15-25:
- Breakfast: Kale, Spinach, Raspberry, Coconut Milk Smoothie. Mandarin Orange, Bacon
- Lunch: Salad, Avocado, Tomato, Cucumber, Carrot, Fruit Kabob, Sparkling Water.
- Dinner: Zucchini Noodles, Mushrooms, Garlic/Lemon Shrimp.
- Snack: Fruit Leather.
- Breakfast: Bacon, Apple, Almond Butter.
- Lunch: Chicken Breast, Avocado, Tomato, Olives, Olive Oil, 21 Seasoning Salute.
- Dinner: Turkey Burger, Tomato, Avocado, Caramelized Onion, and Roasted Butternut Squash.
Dinner got rave reviews from both hubs and kid. Hubs even said it was his favorite whole30 meal so far.
- Breakfast: Monkey Salad
- Lunch: Salad; Romaine, Tomatoes, Olives, Avocado, Hamburger (weird, but awesome), and a kick butt balsamic.
- Dinner: Handmade Balsamic/Olive marinade, Chicken, and Roasted Peppers, Broccoli, and Mushrooms.
Did the whole dinner for breakfast thing… I didn’t hate it as much as I thought I would.
- Breakfast: Spinach/Red Pepper Chicken Sausage, leftover roasted veggies.
- Lunch: Garlic Shrimp salad with Balsamic, heated leftover roasted veggies, and Olives on Romaine. The bomb!! So yummy!
- Dinner: @PaleOMG Brazilian Curry Chicken with Roasted Sweet Potato.
Today’s word of advice – BE PREPARED!! Got stuck at the mall longer than expected and ended up STARVING!
- Breakfast: Monkey Salad.
- Lunch: Picked up Sweet Greens Juice (no sugar added) and fruit at Starbucks. Came home and snacked on Guacamole, Carrots, and Plantain chips.
- Dinner: Served Family Style! Steak, Green Beans, Sweet Potatoes, and Mushrooms.
This was my cheat day… I ended up redoing it clean.
- Breakfast: Chicken Sausage and left over Sweet Potatoes.
- Lunch: (recycled photo … Phone died, I was too hungry to wait for charge. Turkey, Guac, Pico De Gallo, Carrots, Plantain Chips, (didn’t eat a mandarin).
- Dinner: Chipotle Pork Salad Bowl
This day had me wondering if I will always be addicted to bad food. If I’ll always crave the pizza at the buffet, or think cake will make me feel better… I get everything’s fine in moderation, but it’s the moderation I have problems with. Tough day, expected though due to only being two days from my cheats.
- Breakfast: Canadian Bacon, Cashews, Leftover Roast Veggies.
- Lunch: This was SO GOOD! Better than any burger/ fry combo!! 2 grass fed Beef patties, Yellow Green Beans, and Avocado, Tomato, Olive salad.
- Dinner: went to buffet with my sister, her last night in town. Not many choice… Salad, Turkey, Watermelon.
- Breakfast: Bacon and Apple with Almond Butter.
- Lunch: Chicken, Avocado, Tomato, Olives.
- Dinner : (not pictured, phone died) Chicken Breast, Roasted Veggies, Butternut Squash.
- Breakfast: Bacon, Mandarin Oranges, Cashews.
- Lunch: Chicken Hot Dog, Olives, Tomatoes, Avocados, and Sugar Snap Peas.
- Dinner: Chicken, sautéed with garlic, fajita seasoning, Mushrooms, and Fire Roasted Peppers. Searched with Roasted Zucchini, Broccoli, and Purple Sweet Potatoes .
- Breakfast: Monkey Salad.
- Lunch: Leftovers, Chicken Fajitas + Roasted Broccoli and Purple Sweet Potatoes.
- Dinner: Chicken Sausage, Yellow Peppers, Onions, and Salad (Romaine, Avocado, Olives, Cucumbers, and Olive Oil)
- Breakfast: On the go again! Larabar, Banana.
- Lunch: Leftover Chicken Sausage, Peppers, and Onions with Yellow Green Beans and Guac.
- Dinner: Pork Carnitas Salad. Sautéed Veggies (onions, peppers, and jalapeño) tomatoes, Romaine, and a big heap of Guac!!
This Weeks Meal Plan (Late…)
- Monday: Turkey Burgers
- Tuesday: Paleo Pepperss
- Wednesday: Balsamic Chicken with Roasted Veggies
- Thursday: Mustard Marinated Pork Chops (Hubs request)
- Friday: Leftovers
- Saturday: Build Your Own Burgers
- Sunday: Leftovers
If you are doing the Whole30 – How is it going?
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016