Wow! I can’t believe I am already in week 17! This program has been flying by. That said, I am not weighing in today. I will tell you I measured myself this week, and am down almost 3 inches in my waist since starting the program! Given my week, if I got up on the scale, I think I would see a gain. And I don’t need to see that right now. It in nice to see it is working though. I bought a size smaller cardigan this week too. Another small victory for me this week was 4 full days out of the week with meeting my water goals. (I am usually always short!)
Success isn’t always in the scale. Sometimes it needs to be measured in clothes, inches, and water glasses too!!
My hubs leaves sometime this coming week. I am always really stressed out right before a deployment. Thankfully I still have 11 more weeks of Nutrisystem to go. I am hoping to pick up momentum with him gone.
- photo via
- Bring your collateral with you – i.e. meal planner and on the go meal planner for your purse dining out guide etc.
- Sit down prior to vacation to choose restaurants to eat out at that have a variety of foods to choose from and that give you healthy options. Just be honest with your travel buddies that even though you are excited about the trip and can’t wait, you still want to stay on track with the program.
- Be sure to review the dining out guide and what’s a good meal choice.
- When dining out, remember that it’s okay to order the food cooked the way you want (i.e. salads with certain things not on the salad or on the side, steamed veggies( no oil) etc., grilled not fried etc). It’s okay to even let them know you have food restrictions and they will be sure to accommodate you.
- Bring Nutrisystem with you — the pantry ready muffins, bars, snacks/desserts etc. Even though you won’t be 100% on Nutrisystem, if you bring the items that can be packed, it will help you stay on track and not be as anxious.
- When eating out, if the portion size is too big (protein sizes should be no more than 6 – 8 oz – about the size of your palm) immediately ask for a to- go-box and put half in the box before eating. That way you don’t overeat and have leftovers too.
- Share items with your travel buddies …like dessert. That way you get a little taste without overindulging.
- Try to always go for salads as an appetizer and to get all your nutrients in and to help you feeling full longer.
- When I go away, I try to be active – do activities where you walk around and keep busy.
- Drink water with all your meals – with a nice slice of lemon or lime.
Would you like to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem too? Visit Nutrisystem today or call 888-853-4689. All products have been provided to me free of charge as a selected blogger of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger Program. My opinions are 100% honest and my own and my differ from yours. No monetary compensation was given for my opinion.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016