More often then I’d like to admit lately I get to the end of the day and despite best intentions the thought of putting together a meal for my family, I am just exhausted and cooking is the first thing to go. Thankfully I live in a home full of pasta lovers and know that in 60 seconds I can get a quality delicious meal for my family on the table.
I have to tell you, prior to the Barilla microwavable meals being released, my family was already a Barilla family. In fact 9/10 the pasta and sauce we purchase from the store is Barilla. We just love the way the pasta comes out so perfect every time, and hands down you can not beat the taste. So when the 60 second pasta meals came out, my family was excited to try them, but also a bit nervous. Would the taste and quality we love still be there?
Well I have to tell you…
Barilla nailed it.
I can’t lie; I am so shocked that pasta can taste this good coming from the microwave. The pasta is cooked perfectly, and there is just the right amount of sauce to make the flavors come together. I have heard others mention that they thought the whole wheat pastas were a bit squishy/chewy, but I didn’t notice that, and my son sure didn’t have any complaints. I will say however, that my family usually tends to eat the whole wheat pastas on a regular basis so we are used to the different consistency of that versus the white pastas.
I love how fast these meals come together. Toss a little garlic bread in the oven, mix a salad, and microwave your pastas. You can have your whole family served in under 10 minutes!
Barilla microwavable pastas come in five different combinations:
- Whole Grain Mezze Penne with Tomato & Basil Sauce
- Mezze Penne with Tomato & Basil Sauce
- Mezze Penne with Traditional Marinara Sauce
- Mezze Penne with Spicy Marinara Sauce
- Whole Grain Fusilli with Vegetable Marinara Sauce
My whole family loves this pasta, but don’t take my word for it… check out my son’s opinion!
FitFluential LLC compensated me for this Campaign. All opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016