This week I’m sharing my easy to make Raspberry Chia Jam recipe!!
My oldest son LOVES almond butter and jam sandwiches. Recently I have been trying to cut the amount of sugar in his diet, and of course the store bought jam we have is full of sugar. By using chia and fresh fruit I am able to create my yummy raspberry chia jam that is super flavorful thanks to fresh fruit we use. My son LOVES it, and he also loves helping to make it with me. I love that I know exactly what he’s getting, it’s packed with protein, and tastes amazing! This recipe is SO simple you will wonder why you ever bought store bought jam!
If you don’t know about chia seeds yet, I suggest you look into it. We LOVE using chia seeds in our smoothies, granola, cereals, and salads. I’ve even mixed them in plain with my water first thing in the am! We love chia seeds for so many reasons.
- packed with protein(one 28 gram serving contains 4.4 g of protein)
- balance blood sugar
- Plus they take on the flavor profile of whatever you add them too!
They are little tiny seeds that when exposed to liquid expand and can create an almost gelatin like substance. So if you add it to a fruit puree and let it sit for a few hours you end up with Jam or jelly!! I usually buy chia at Trader Joes for under $5 dollars! But if you don’t have a Trader Joes you can buy them here! They last a really long time and it’s a great way to add a pack of nutrition to your family’s meals!!
- 1 cup fresh (or thawed frozen) raspberries
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-2 tablespoons chia seeds
- sweetener of choice
- (I use honey to taste if needed)
- Blend or mash up your raspberries
- Add raspberry, water, and chia seeds. (If using a sweetener add that now too.)
- Mix well
- Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours.
Check out my video!
This video is part of a new YouTube series I’m hosting on my channel (<— are you subscribed yet?) called Take 2 Thursday! 2 minute videos for all things kid, toddler, and baby!! It could be recipes like this, cleaning tips, or simple DIY projects! If you have a suggestion for a video leave a comment below!
What is your favorite way to enjoy chia?
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016