Oh man you guys!! Last week was a 1/2 success, and a 1/2 fail. I did some things great.
- I made getting back on track a priority.
- I got the hubs on board with being better about our food.
- I planned ahead.
- Broc-Cauli Chowder with Bacon
OMG that was SO good!! I blended it in my blendtec on the soup setting and it ended up SO creamy my husband was convinced I added cream to it. That will FOR SURE me making an appearance on our menu plans again soon! I love my Practical Paleo cookbook!
However, life as it so often does got super chaotic and we found ourselves short on time. I didn’t meal prep very well last week so when life threw a curve ball I didn’t have much to step in to catch it with. I never got to do the Turkey Legs or even the Beef Stir Fry from last week’s menu plan. (It’s likely the turkey legs will be on next week’s menu plan.) I also never got over to the local butcher shop in our neighborhood or into Whole Foods for bones to try bone broth. Lesson’s learned? I need to meal prep a LOT better and have some stuff in the freezer for easy Paleo dinners…
This week I am keeping it SUPER simple. We have a few extra things going on, and I have some deadlines to meet, so I call this menu plan the “I’m Short On Time!” menu plan.
I’ve got 12 eggs ready to be hard boiled. I’m going to roast a bunch of veggies at once to have on hand for breakfast hash, quick lunches/dinners, and I’ve got 5 pre-made smoothies ready to blend in my freezer!
Speaking of short on time… I’m super excited because my hubs ordered me T25 for Mother’s Day. I can make time for 25 minutes!!
Here is to an awesome week!! 7 days, 7 winning days!!
What are your go to “Short On Time” meals?
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016