Baby D turned 4 months old!
21 days ago!
If you have more than one baby, chances are you have heard that the second baby doesn’t have as many pictures taken as the first. Well, that isn’t exactly true for me. I take a MILLION pictures of Baby D, but getting them up on Facebook, organized, or even finding the time to write my monthly baby updates…. now that may be where Baby D will suffer from second baby syndrome…
At least I was able to get this up before he turned 5 months right?
Time is still flying around here. I swear it was just yesterday that Baby D was born!
A lot has happened since our 3 month old baby update. While I haven’t found that magic button to slow it down yet, I am thankful to have my millions of pictures to look back on.
Everyone who has met Baby D has said the same thing to me, “He is such a happy baby!”
It’s true. He is SO happy. I’d say about 95% of the time he is hamming it up and tossing smiles around to anyone who looks his way. The gym play-care workers love when he comes in and love telling me how smiley he is. He really is a happy baby. Except for the other 5% of the time. Baby D has no middle. He’s either smiling or screaming. If he thinks that he’s not getting enough attention, is at all hungry, or sometimes just because he can he wails! I love that he has his own voice, I just wish it wasn’t so loud!
At 4 Months Old Baby D:
- Is a healthy and big baby. At his 4 month appointment he weighed in at 18 lbs and was 26 inches long. This is almost 2 lbs bigger than his brother was at this age, and nearly double his birth weight of 9lbs 4 ozs. I love that my breast milk has nourished both my boys and allowed them to thrive and grow. Breast feeding is so hard, but seeing how happy and healthy my baby is makes it worth it to me. I’m blessed to be able to do it.
- Has really started to show his personality. Lots of smiles and loves to be held. He has an uncanny ability to laugh at all the right times, or funny times.
- Loves his brother more than anything else. All his brother has to do is talk near him, and Baby D is all smiles and laughs.
- Continues to talk as much as he can, but is the most vocal when his big brother isn’t around making him laugh.
- Still not sure what his eye color is. Some days I am sure they will stay blue, and others he looks like they are turning hazel like his father’s! (He is the spitting image of his daddy!)
- Has mastered tracking, and is loving grasping toys and bringing them to his mouth. Everything goes into his mouth!
- Speaking of his mouth, we have early signs of teething. Big Brother K had his first two teeth pop through 2 days before he turned 5 months so we will see if his brother follows the same pattern.
- Loves tummy time, and kicking everything he can. He is has stopped rolling though, we were doing lots of belly to back, now we just get frustrated. I’m thinking it’s because his hands are always in his mouth and he can’t maneuver around his elbow!
- Loves to be held by mommy and adores being put in his any baby carrier. I don’t know what I would do without baby wearing! Two free hands are the only way I get anything done!
- Has lost all of his baby hair. Just like his big brother his has fallen out, and been replaced with soft fuzzy blonde/strawberry blonde hair. It’s short and all signs point to it being as unruly has his brother’s hair was!
- Has stopped sleeping through the night. Good nights we wake up twice to feed, bad nights (as in the 4 month wakeful) we are up nearly every hour wanting to nurse. I’m hoping this is a phase… He is still in his co-sleeper at night. I don’t have any plans to change that, but I do plan on having him start taking his naps in his crib so he will be used to it and so his brother doesn’t wake him up all the time.
- Is truly just the sweetest little boy with a lot of curiosity for the world around him.
Happy 4 Months Baby D.
I am so blessed to watch you grow even if you are doing it at record breaking speed!
You can catch up on all of Baby D’s monthly updates here:
If you can’t get enough pictures of Baby D – be sure to follow me on Instagram – I’m addicted!
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016