Week 3 Done. This may have been my hardest week yet. Not so much due to the cravings, but more so trying to figure out how/when to eat and make time for myself. You see the Hubs deployed again it was my first week single parenting my two boys. I’ve been so stressed out that I haven’t been hungry. I found myself skipping meals this week. Which in turn dropped my breast milk supply (I’m exclusively breastfeeding my 4 month old through the Whole30), and it happened to correspond to a growth spurt so Baby D was pretty much nursing every hour! Thankfully I kept chugging water and made sure to add healthy fats in when I noticed my supply drop. I’m happy to report Baby D is doing just fine and still gaining weight like a champ!
I didn’t really stick to my Whole30 week 3 meal plan though… I just went with what I knew and was easy. There were days where we would get home from preschool, and it was nearly 1.5 hours before I could even sit down to eat. These boys keep me busy! This week I plan on doing better with my meal prep so I can just grab something quickly when I need it.
The week started out great. Although I had to cook my dinner all over again when my son dumped my plate on the floor… Le Sigh!
- Breakfast: Three poached eggs(only ate two), cucumber, banana.
- Workout: 45 minutes Step Mill + stretching.
- Lunch: Roasted Chicken patty, carrots, guacamole with pico de gallo, tomatoes, black olives.
- Dinner: Organic grass fed burger, clementines, broccoli with ghee.
I FINALLY found a tomato sauce that didn’t have sugar added to it. Roy’s Puttanesca is divine. Served over shredded chicken and I don’t miss the pasta at all. Clearly I was a bit hungry come dinner time – I almost forgot to take a picture!
- Breakfast: Banana, strawberries, almond butter, coconut flakes.
- Workout: day 1 #c25k + lower body lift.
- Lunch: romaine and spinach with cucumber, tomato, chicken, and avocado.
- Dinner: I was a little hungry. Almost forgot to take a picture. There was a lot more raw broccoli, shredded chicken, mushrooms, and puttanesca tomato sauce.
I felt like my brain was missing all day. I swear – it’s amazing I got anything done.
- Breakfast: Banana, raisins, cashews. (Didn’t eat whole bag.)
- Lunch: (Forgot to take a picture) Chicken patty, guacamole, olives.
- Dinner: 3 eggs, with mushrooms and orange bell peppers.
This was a ROUGH day. I have got to be better about getting on a schedule. Dinner didn’t happen until 9pm! On a side note I like coconut milk! Who knew!
- Breakfast: Coconut milk with blueberries and pineapple.
- Lunch: Broccoli slaw, shredded chicken, kalamata olives, tomato sauce.
- Dinner: Two hardboiled eggs, carrot chips, guacamole.
- Snack: Larabar.
Baby was up EVERY hour last night nursing. I’m struggling with tummy troubles which I imagine is related to stress. I need to eat more fat in order to keep my milk supply up.
- Brunch: Pineapple, guacamole, plantains.
- Dinner: roasted chicken with rosemary and balsamic, green beans and broccoli slaw.
- Late night snack: cashews & raisins.
Today was better, and very yummy! I know I have to be better about breakfast. Running behind all week long = grab and go …
- Breakfast: Larabar and banana.
- Lunch: Grilled steak and veggies.
- Dinner: Leftover balsamic chicken with a boatload of green beans.
- Snack: Fresh fruit kabob at pirate fest, and guacamole and carrots.
Today was a good day. I know that when I eat well, I feel well. I did break my blender today. This girl is dreaming of a Blendtec!
- Breakfast: Coconut milk smoothie with peaches and a banana.
- Lunch: 3 poached eggs, broccoli, and a yellow bell pepper.
- Dinner: Steak with Montreal Seasoning, sautéed broccoli slaw with mushrooms.
I have decided that I am going to continue eating mainly Whole30 foods after my Whole30. I am definitely liking the way my body is responding to this food. I will be looking forward to less restriction though. I also plan to do another Whole30 in July.
Don’t forget to follow on me on Instagram to see my food daily!
Also if you are doing the Whole30 please leave a comment below and let me know. I’d love to follow your journey as well!
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016