When was the last time you took a moment to think about the things in your life that make you happy? If you are anything like me, the rush and craziness of life can mean that it doesn’t happen nearly as often as it could or should. Taking time to think about these things tends to help me focus on what’s really important in life and let go of added stress or pressure I’ve put on myself.
15 Things That Make Me Happy:
- The way my boys smile and laugh at the simplest of things
- Hot yoga
- Sparkling water
- Being able to pick up the phone and call my mom when I need to hear her voice
- Cherries in the summertime
- Watching a good movie with my husband
- Social media and being able to stay connected to those I love the most instantly
- A new cookbook
- Being a SAHM
- A summer sunset
- Reading a book (it used to be reading a good book, but post kids I will take any time I get!)
- Watching funny videos
- Bear hugs
Okay it’s your turn! What makes you happy?
If you are having a rough day or a rough week, take a minute or two and start listing things that make you happy. I dare you, and I promise you will begin to feel better.
*I couldn’t find the source to the images above. Pinterest lead to dead links (Pin from the source people!!) If you know let me know so I can give credit where credit is due!
I’m blogging everyday in August (BEDA) with Emma from Outmumbered.
Catch up on my previous posts!
- BEDA: Day 1: An Introduction
- BEDA: Day 2: 20 Facts About Me
- BEDA: Day 3: My Favorite Quote
- BEDA: Day 4: In 10 Years (<– One of my favorite blogs in a long time!)
- BEDA: Day 5: A Vivid Memory
- BEDA: Day 6: Best Friends
- BEDA: Day 7: 10 Songs On My Playlist
- BEDA: Day 8: What’s In My Handbag
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016