When I saw the prompt 3 items checked off your bucket list. I was a bit worried. It has been nearly 3 years since I wrote my 10 Things I’d Like To Accomplish In my 30’s post and I honestly couldn’t remember if I’d accomplished any of them.
I have checked off exactly 3… (Well, maybe 4)
3. Grow our family. We welcomed Baby D in 2012!
(I still hope to grow our family a bit more!)
4. Turn my blog into something that will pay at least 1/2 bills. I’m kind of excited to be able to talk about this a little bit. Recently I got a not so nicely written message from a reader who was upset to see I had sponsored content on my blog. The reality is this…
I personally pay for my hosting and several other blog related items, so I found these type of posts allow me to continue to write what I love. However, I have the same policy I do with reviews. Unless it fits in well with my blog, I won’t take the opportunity. I’ve turned down several paying posts that I have no passion for or personal connection to. I could easily accept gaming posts, but it’s not something that I feel comfortable doing with my family blog. That doesn’t mean they are wrong, it just means they don’t fit what I’ve spent 5 years building. I treat ambassadorships the same way. Unless I can be fully honest, unless it fits in with my audience, I’m not going to accept that. So yes, I do make money off my blog now, not nearly as much as the work I put into it, but I love my blog so that’s the choice I made. I feel like I’ve been able to get to a point where I’m finding a good balance of sponsored posts and personal posts. I also recently started working in social media. As a result I’ve feel well on my way to turning my passion into my business.
8. Ride a 20/40/60/100 mile bike ride/race. I almost raced 40 miles in October 2011.
Number 5 was Go on more dates with my husband. I have accomplished that as well, but it’s more of an on-going bucket list item!
Looking back at that list I’d really like to make #6 and #9 more of a priority this fall. With my 1/2 marathon training and eating mostly paleo I’m sure I’m headed in the right direction!
6. Lose 50lbs and keep it off forever through daily fitness and healthy living.
9. Learn how to use my sewing machine and actually make something I am proud of.
So what about you? Have you checked any items of your bucket list recently?
I’m blogging everyday in August (BEDA) with Emma from Outmumbered.
Catch up on my previous posts!
- BEDA: Day 1: An Introduction
- BEDA: Day 2: 20 Facts About Me
- BEDA: Day 3: My Favorite Quote
- BEDA: Day 4: In 10 Years (<– One of my favorite blogs in a long time!)
- BEDA: Day 5: A Vivid Memory
- BEDA: Day 6: Best Friends
- BEDA: Day 7: 10 Songs On My Playlist
- BEDA: Day 8: What’s In My Handbag
- BEDA: Day 9: 15 Things That Make Me Happy
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016